Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

found some 13 inch snow tires

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

sweet, i just got a set of "mastercraft" "Glacier Grip 2" for my stock loyale. im impressed with the performance in the dirt, it hasnt snowed yet :-\ .
i got them from my local independent tire dealer, in 175 70 13. they were only $46 each, with tax just over $200 mounted balanced , has anyone had them in snow yet. they sure look gnarley. i think the tire rack has them too.

#2 casm

casm

The Timex of Lifters

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Seattle, Washington

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:11 AM

sweet, i just got a set of "mastercraft" "Glacier Grip 2" for my stock loyale. im impressed with the performance in the dirt, it hasnt snowed yet :-\ .
i got them from my local independent tire dealer, in 175 70 13. they were only $46 each, with tax just over $200 mounted balanced , has anyone had them in snow yet. they sure look gnarley. i think the tire rack has them too.

Interesting - that tread pattern seems to be pretty close to a number of other A/T tyres, but it's one of the few relatively-aggressive ones I've seen for Subaru rims that's actually on the market. Think I'll look into it for the (eventual) replacement of what I've got on there now...

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:14 AM

You want agressive?

Got these with a car:

Toyo 720 Snow Steel Extra. Steel studs, Mud+Snow rating, 165/70 r13

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Doesn't seem like they have ever been used - all the studs are unworn. I don't really have any use for them myself. Someone should offer to buy em off me ;)

GD

#4 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

Man i wish i could find some A/T 175/80/13's tires that looked like that!

Is there such a thing?

#5 Sushi

Sushi

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:16 AM

I just got some 185/70-13 MS tires that look almost exactly like that, studs and all. Also not worn, hardly used. Anyone ever heard of Snowmark?

#6 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:18 AM

Snowmark? Is that one of those cheep compenys like Douglass? That's what i have right now lol..

#7 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:59 AM

Anyone ever heard of Snowmark?

A google of that seems to indicate they aren't being produced anymore (like the Toyo's above), and shows a lot of links from Canada so they may not have been sold here in the US.

Most decent 13's have been discontinued as there is no demand for them anymore. All manufacturers have gone to at least 14" and most are into the 15's and up now.

GD

#8 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,635 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:01 AM

Well that just sucks! Everything is about bigger rims now-a days! :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users