Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found some 13 inch snow tires

sweet, i just got a set of "mastercraft" "Glacier Grip 2" for my stock loyale. im impressed with the performance in the dirt, it hasnt snowed yet :-\ .

i got them from my local independent tire dealer, in 175 70 13. they were only $46 each, with tax just over $200 mounted balanced , has anyone had them in snow yet. they sure look gnarley. i think the tire rack has them too.

sweet, i just got a set of "mastercraft" "Glacier Grip 2" for my stock loyale. im impressed with the performance in the dirt, it hasnt snowed yet :-\ .

i got them from my local independent tire dealer, in 175 70 13. they were only $46 each, with tax just over $200 mounted balanced , has anyone had them in snow yet. they sure look gnarley. i think the tire rack has them too.

Interesting - that tread pattern seems to be pretty close to a number of other A/T tyres, but it's one of the few relatively-aggressive ones I've seen for Subaru rims that's actually on the market. Think I'll look into it for the (eventual) replacement of what I've got on there now...

Anyone ever heard of Snowmark?

A google of that seems to indicate they aren't being produced anymore (like the Toyo's above), and shows a lot of links from Canada so they may not have been sold here in the US.

Most decent 13's have been discontinued as there is no demand for them anymore. All manufacturers have gone to at least 14" and most are into the 15's and up now.

GD