Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yeah, Roxanne made it!

Even with less than half compression in the #1 cylinder, Roxanne made the 800 mile trip no problem last night, through the Alaskan and Canadian wilderness, in temperatures 20 below zero, through a foot of snow, and driving overnight for fourteen and a half hours straight. Due to the rings being bad, the fuel economy sucked, at around 15-18mpg, and she did use two quarts of oil, but despite that she didn't complain once.

There aren't very many cars that I would trust to do something like this. Another example of subaru dependability.

like when my battery dies, and I'm cussing and pounding the dashboard. I hold the key, and it slowly goes over the compression stroke, and with a slow ra-rump it starts without even turning over a full rev! Subaru quirkyness drains the battery but subaru engine starts like a charm everytime. My suby never fails to start, heck you could jump start it trying to push it uphill :brow: Also when your dual diagonal brakes fail giving you traction control when 1 front and 1 rear spin in the mud, and giving you the ability hammer the brakes midcorner and still go where you point :D

Thanks Matt,

I shouldn't have any trouble, but that makes me feel a lot more secure. And yes, I have a BUNCH of stuff with me. Shovel, 8000 pound winch, a coupld hundred feet of rope, an absurd amount of tools, extra food, water, cold-weather clothes, and a sleeping bag rated for like 30 below.

Oh yeah, and your driveway DEFINITELY looks like it would be interesting with some ice on it or with a few feet of snow.