Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just put on 4 Dunlop Graspic DS-2's

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

Now if it would just snow, I could test 'em out!

225-60R16

Dave

#2 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:09 PM

I love mine, on the OBS, it would go ANYWHERE! :clap:

#3 subyfreak

subyfreak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Calumet Upper Michigan

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

As I am typing this there is about 4in and it's still comming down real good!:banana: Almost made myself sick spinning so many doughnuts.

#4 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

3-4 inches of the white stuff, couldn't find anything in the yard that'd stop me!

These tires grip very well, even later on when it was warming up and the snow was packing under the tires.

BTW, my yard makes a great proving ground- lots of steep hills, they just don't go on for very long. Long enough to stop and restart on the grade, though!

The tires worked great in a big open unplowed lot, too. No 4x4's came in for a quick drag race, though.

Dave

#5 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,829 posts
  • North Central Wisconsin

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

3-4 inches wouldnt stop my old FWD 89 GL on all seasons!!! you need much more than that to really test it out!! :Flame:

Had to go out early Sunday after we got snowed on Saturday night - had a 3+ ft drift right in front of the garage door, and much drifting all the way down the driveway -average depth of 10-12 inches (live in farm country - nothing to stop it) The 90 Legacy LS wagon plowed thru the big drift @ the door and all the way out to the road (about 100ft with a curve) with no problems on Cooper all seasons...:clap: I love my Subaru!!

#6 Towel Rail

Towel Rail

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • SW CR IA US NA PE

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

Pics? :banana:

#7 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Pics? :banana:

No camera, no one to take pics anyway!

Yeah, its only 3 inches so far, well 4.5-6 this morning, did a lap around the house, no sweat. I do indeed need more snow to truly test the limits.

Dave

#8 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

Took a big leap of faith, took the subie down into 'the bowl', a flat, low area in my yard that has a moderate hill exit, and steeper hills.

Moving around on the flat in about 6" was easy, I went to leave on the moderate hill and realized there were snow drifts that way- thought I was boned when the snow started coming over the hood at walking speed (its windy in my neck of the woods, I get some sweet drifts), I did have to back-and-attack a few times but I got right through.

Yeah!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users