Ultimate Subaru Message Board

more of a rant than anything.. our 01' outback with only 62k developed a miss in cyl 4.. i swapped plugs, wires, etc.. to no avail... miss is still there.. only thing left is a bad fuel injector..

just burns my nuggets to have to replace a fuel injector at only 62k miles... especially when its 15 degrees outside..

BTW.. if you have one of these layin around, i really need one asap:-\

Tony?? -that you??

Moved to CO??

If it's clicking no need for a noid or a multimeter.

I'd check the compression on that cyl.

PITA I know

But it could be carbon build up on the valves.

Might get lucky with some Seafoam.

yeah skip, its me, we moved.. :/

well i've already ruled out bad gas, i ran it half missing until the fuel light came on, then filled it with super.. made no difference.. pulled the fuel filter and drained it into a glass jar to make sure there was no water in it..

i can pull the wires (still factory) from the coil pack or the engine while its running an visually watch a nice blue spark over 2 inches long arc.. makes no difference if i swap wires with another cylinder.

check engine light always comes on, and code is always cyl 4 misfire..

and again, its only got 62k on it.. and its had seafoam run through when we drove it 1700 miles in one sitting in august..

ok well, i got it fixed.. even though spark was blue and shooting 2" out of the end of plug wire #4 the wire was still bad.. i figured this out by swapping it with cyl 2. the miss then transfered to cyl 2..

a $30 set of wires from autozone and she's good as new..

still bugs me that a plug wire goes bad in 60k miles.. :/