Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can't Find Replacement Tail Light Socket (Pigtail)

It's time for me to get my inspection done, but I won't pass it with my left tail light out. Little did I know that the local auto shop doesn't have the replacement socket for it.

I've ruled out the bulb, and the socket is definitely bad. So does anyone have any idea where I could get one of those? Anybody got a spare for a GL-10? If you got a working one, I'd love to buy it ^_^.

Okay, well that's worth a shot. The place I went to was Advance Auto, and I tried pretty much all they had (four or so) and they didn't fit at all. The clerk said that I'm not going to have much luck finding something in retail for my year, it being old and all.

I kind of didn't think it would be much different at Autozone or Carquest, but I guess I can still try them.

My 86 Brat had a front turn signal bulb stuck in the socket and had to distroy the socket to get it out. got a genaric pigtail from local Autozone, it didn't fit of coarse, but I found out if i put it in from the inside the flange held it. Put a good bead of silicone on it (was going to epoxy it but my luck I will need to do this again) and put in for good. Worked great. good luck:burnout:

no EA82 cars in the local JY? I try to grab anything like a good rear lighting pigtail when I see it, and all the EA82 cars will be using the same pieces. My corner marker lamps up front aren't the greatest (corroded sockets) and I snagged one replacement, but am waiting to find another good one before i actually change it. no safety inspections here :-\ I wish there were; then maybe people couldn't run 50"+ tires on the road ever, and they'd have their headlights adjusted right, and the plague of brake light bulbs installed wrong would be cleared up.