Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what are the best brake pads

Guest FlyStyle

hey,

changing brake pads soon, just wanted to know which brand would be best to replace on MY 94 legacy. any help or advice would be great

thanks

ali:rolleyes:

Guest Legacy777

what kind of brakes do you want, performance, quiet brakes, no dust, cheap, expensive?

axxis pads are decent mix of things. If you want a little more performance the ultimates would be the way to go. If not, get the deluxe pads.

If price is no object and they have pads for your car, get a set of Endless pads.......they'll set ya back about 200 bucks a set though ;)

Guest FlyStyle

josh,

i want them to operate smoothly and without any noise. im not going to be racing but want something dependable and durable. and what are some good sites to get the pads from??

thanks

ali

Guest applegump

I just ordered a set of Axxis Deluxe plus pads, I havn't received them yet as they werent in stock but the guy is friendly and responds quickly to emails. I ordered from www.precisionbrakescompany.com. Unfortunately they only carry two of the four axxis pads (Deluxe plus and metal master). They also carry stainless steel brake lines ($60 for a pair and $110 for two pairs)

I also found another place www.zeckhausen.com they carry the metal masters however I havn't used them.

I hope this helps.

Once I have my pads installed I'll make a post.

'90 Legacy 2.2 AWD 132,000 miles

Guest tcspeer

I like Albany Semi-m from Auto Zone 24.99 a set. They may be better pads out their but these hold up well on a mail Rt. with close to 400 stops each day. In my opinion they are much better than O.E.M. and I have used plenty of both. I think these pads are really Bendix pads but can't say for sure.

Guest subyluvr2212

I have a set of Raybestos pads sitting in my garage. I have a stripped bolt on my caliper, so once I have some time (which will probably be never :x ) I will take that bolt out and change the pads, since my driver front is squealing when it's not applied.

Anyway, has anyone had good/bad experiences with Raybestos? I've heard Subaru OEM's kinda suck...