Ultimate Subaru Message Board

engine swapping on my b-day arrg!

well, i guess i do get to find out how many more miles i can get outa the engine in the turbo wagon. on my way home today from walmart the RX blew a friggin headgasket..

looks like a firehose out the tailpipe now.. the thing that sux is tomorrow is my 23rd b-day, and its going to snow 6" tonight. so i get to swap an engine in the friggin snow tomorrow.. just what i wanted to be doing..

i just get to pray the 290k engine thats going in runs forever.. but i think it might have its own problems as well..

First of all, :banana:HAPPY BIRTHDAY :banana:

Next, boy that sucks, I hate working in the cold rain, I refuse to work in the snow. Good luck. Maybe you can rebuild the bown head gasket engine to get it ready to put back in when the 290k engine gives up the ghost.

acctually the more i think about it now that the angry pissed offness has passed, i don't think i'll put that 290k engine in there, its got leakin rump roast seals, and it was overheatin on 3 hour trips and loosin water somewhere.. so i don't think i'll even mess with the damn thing.. i'll just have 2 dead cars in my driveway, and a stinkin hatchback with no seats..

i get to walk to work in the snow, yay!

well i jury rigged the wagon seats into the hatch tonight, so its now drivable again.. I'm just gonna park the RX till tax time, and buy me a damn motor somewhere.. might go with CCR and put a brand spankin new one in it.. gonna do it right the first time, :D

guess tomorrow i'll go buy a grease gun and change the tierod end on the hatch, so it doesn't fall off now that its become a daily driver..

hey Mark, i think i'm gonna have to pass, now that the RX needs a motor.. can't have too many dead soobs sittin in my driveway..

I'm going to be keeping the hatch for the moment since its the only reliable one i have.. Going to let the RX sit till febuary and get a new engine from CCR and put in it.. after that i can start lookin for another car.. again...