Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there a demand for bolt pattern adaptors?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Solved some design issues and they are being worked on... The CNC I am using also has MANY differences from the standard way to write G-code, which makes every program a debugging nightmare.

wheeladaptorstart.jpg

wheeladaptorstart2.jpg

(P.S. sorry to the message board for dissappearing off the face of the earth for a while)

Has anyone thought about the width these will cause. It might be fine for people going up but for those going down kinda hard to tuck in these wheels as it is. If you add a half an inch to that there going to stick out more.

Just a Thought.

Ben

I've done some head scratching over a lot of things with these darn wheel adaptors... lol you are only looking at one side of them machined.. the other side will be a LOT more involved to say the least, in the end you will have an extra .600" of thickness to deal with, which isnt too bad compared to most bolt pattern adaptors. The "theory" is anyway that the 4x100 or 5x100, etc... adapted patterns will have availablilty for wheels with better offsets to keep those rubbers tucked under the fender

They should be more than strong enough. The EA82 hubs had a lot of metal to them if u compare them to newer cars like a Mitsu Lancer.

I just did wheel bearings on one and I was amazed at how thin the metal was and the fact that the hub itself was half the size of a EA82.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I still have the project on the list. Everyonce in a while when I can run away from everything else that takes up my time, I start tackling the task of making the jig needed to produce these on an efficient & accurate scale. The good news is I am not completely full of it cause I was able to complete another subaru-machining project.. I'll work on a new thread about it right now..

-Mike

• 8 months later...

wheel spacers are easy because the object is essentially two dimensional and the material started with doesn't have to be machined for hours on end, nor do I have to make a jig to correctly position the part after flipping it over and continue machining.

Long story short... how thick do you want? anything over 3/8 of an inch and you should probably have me look for some longer wheel studs...

Is this project still in order?

You have somebody over here kinda begging for some redrilled EA81 hubs to the

5x100 pattern.

I was going to go with a full lego/imp swap into my BRAT, but if I can get the

hubs redrilled, I may not go with the full swap.

I may just swap the struts and go with the adapted hubs.

Twitch

Subaru hubs cannot be redrilled to 5x100. Unfortunately the brake rotor bolt pattern itself is too close to where the studs would need to be to fit that pattern directly in to the hub.

Seeing as people are excited about these things again, and I am beginning to walk again... I suppose I could bring the project out of the grave and have another whirl at it... I do know a lot more about what our CNC is capable of, and how long it takes to machine stuff, etc...

No promises people, as I am relearning how to walk (broke my ankle in a go-kart moment of stupidity)