Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

98 Legacy stabilizer link bushings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Vancouver, Canada

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the bushings for the front stabilizer link (short dogbone style link off the stabilizer bar) are available and replaceable individually or if a new link is needed? Noticed the old bushing has some freeplay in it, which makes some clunking noise over bumps. Are new ones a tight fit on the bolt that connects it to the suspension arm?

Not a performance problem, but would like to get rid of the noise.

Thanks!

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,989 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

I don't think the end link bushings can be replaced: I think they're integral to the link itself. Cheapest thing might be a salvage yard part or surely someone on here would part with tbeir old ones.

Upgraded aftermarket links such as whiteline (sold in pairs) are not a whole lot more expensive than new OEM.

#3 Chip

Chip

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:42 AM

I put the whitelines on my 98 O/B...they were almost 1/2 the price of OEMs. It's an easy DIY job.

#4 Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Vancouver, Canada

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

I put the whitelines on my 98 O/B...they were almost 1/2 the price of OEMs. It's an easy DIY job.

I notice you're in Canada too. Where did you pick the links up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users