Ultimate Subaru Message Board

All I wanted to do was take my girl to Kansas City

So I have this weekend all planed out. We leave thurs. night we stay at an old victorian hotel for 2 nights we wine and dine have a great time, explore the older sections of Kansas City. Everything went well. We left Omaha in the middle of a snow storm drove very slow arrived late slept in, got breakfast then hoped in the Subbie to go to the art museum......but wait whats that noise.....scratch scratch......To make a long story short my wheel bearing was making a whole lotta noise, it was almost to loud to speak./.....So we cut the trip short and limped the car back home.........So I bring it to the guys who did my other bearing when it went out, they were rude and the car took three days to fix.....And to top it off I get her back tonight and I got on it a little bit and the clutch sliped a bit, So now I ask this. It only slips when I really get on it in 4th or 5th gear, My friend Dan said there might be an adjustment I can tighten, is there or is this the begining of the clutch going out......fortunetly I have never had this problem with a car, everycar I've had I have replaced the clutch when I had the motor out for one reson or another, so I guess I'm wondering if my 98 obsport has an adjustment or should I just bite the bullet and go buy the new clutch kit?

Agreed, worn clutch.

The more you make it slip like that, the faster it will wear to the point that the car will be un-driveable, and cause damage to other components.

When replacing the clutch, be sure and replace the clutch bearing (sometimes called the throw out bearing) at the same time.

My 2 bucks

Agreed, worn clutch.

The more you make it slip like that, the faster it will wear to the point that the car will be un-driveable, and cause damage to other components.

When replacing the clutch, be sure and replace the clutch bearing (sometimes called the throw out bearing) at the same time.

My 2 bucks

and DO NOT reuse the two clips that holds on that bearing.

nipper

(we are now up to 4 cents)

Crap I was hoping otherwise..........oh well, Hopefully she'll last till next sat, I only drive 1.5 miles to work daily, then me and my buddy can throw it in, in a day. That is if Murphy doesent show up with his list of laws........God I hate that guy....I called around and the part store down the street has the entire kit for 159.99, I thought it would be around 300.00. So thats a relief .......Thanks for the help but look in the future I'll probably have 2 or 3 problems with getting the thing in.