Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PDX: Off-Road Pics

Greetings from Portland. We just took our hatch out for its maiden mud voyage. After intalling a new clutch kit and skidplate, we took to the trails just east of Vernonia, OR. As you'll see from the pictures, there is a good mix of terrain: some easy, some hard, and plenty of mud. The hatch never got stuck or even felt like it was going to. However, there were some trails we left undiscovered due to not having a winch or someone to help get us out of a rut. We were surprised to see snow up there. It wasn’t very deep, but still kind of cool to see so close to home. The nice thing is, we only saw two other people up there, who were riding ATV’s. If anyone’s interested in exploring some new trails, let me know. Below is a link to the photos we took today.

http://web.pdx.edu/~whirl/

More to come, Ian.

onewayvideo@comcast.net

someone was having a little bit of fun! congrats on the maiden voyage. subaru's are a lot of fun. wait till you lift and start doing big mods. they'll surprise everyone even stock.

in washington we were at an orv park and we ran into a stock subaru. and he was going pretty much everywhere we were. he had a welded diff too. the only places he didn't go were the deep mudholes. tex and i did!! but the toy with 33's wouldn't because he said his other toy with 38's hardly had the clearance. i bottomed out twice in that hole.

enjoy the suby offroad.