Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Brat

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've posted. Brat running really well. But there are always a coupleof things that I want to do to it.

And one of those things is get a spare fuel pump. My spider sense are telling me that mine is not long for the world, and I want to have one to put behind the seat for when the end is nigh.

They don't seem to be available. So what is everyone else using??

All replies are appreciated!

Thanks,

Crabman

Well let me tell you after my own experimentation that the stock unit direct from subaru is way better than wasting your time with an aftermarket one. I thought it would be a good idea to try a purolator or similar pump since they are about half the price of a new subaru fuel pump for carbed engines.....but it wasn't but another day that it completely stopped working. I tried one more with the same results. I have had a brand new from the dealer subaru carbed fuel pump on my hatch now for about a year and I have never been happier. I am sure there are others with similar results but it is much better to get a good one than to get stranded somewhere. Lesson learned for me and I just thought I would share.

Well let me tell you after my own experimentation that the stock unit direct from subaru is way better than wasting your time with an aftermarket one.

Have you got a part number for the stock one?? I see some subaru fuel pumps on ebay, but they are for Gen 2 brats. Would they still work??

Thanks for the help guys,

Crabman

No the gen 2 is different. It is located back by the gas tank. You will need to find one in the junk or here on the board. Or find a cheap parts car and start removing parts for extras. A lot of parts for these gen 1's are no longer available. All the gen 1's I part have come in handy for myself or others here on the board. So get a parts Brat or gen1 wagon and part it. Just make sure it is only good enough to be a parts car. Wouldn't want a perfectly good gen 1 to go to waste.:grin:

Fellas there has to be something aftermarket that works fairly well. When I go to Kragen.com and search for a fuel pump for my car, it pulls up 4 aftermarket options. There's one from beck arnley, two from Carter, and one more from Master. Has anyone had experience with these??

Gen 1 soobs don't show up very often down here and if one did I don't have the space to keep a parts car around,

Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers,

Crabman