Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Best Aftermarket Fuel Pump for Brat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:58 AM

Hey everyone. Been a while since I've posted. Brat running really well. But there are always a coupleof things that I want to do to it.

And one of those things is get a spare fuel pump. My spider sense are telling me that mine is not long for the world, and I want to have one to put behind the seat for when the end is nigh.

They don't seem to be available. So what is everyone else using??

All replies are appreciated!
Thanks,
Crabman

#2 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:13 AM

Well let me tell you after my own experimentation that the stock unit direct from subaru is way better than wasting your time with an aftermarket one. I thought it would be a good idea to try a purolator or similar pump since they are about half the price of a new subaru fuel pump for carbed engines.....but it wasn't but another day that it completely stopped working. I tried one more with the same results. I have had a brand new from the dealer subaru carbed fuel pump on my hatch now for about a year and I have never been happier. I am sure there are others with similar results but it is much better to get a good one than to get stranded somewhere. Lesson learned for me and I just thought I would share.

#3 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

your options are quite limited for the under hood pump

as to the on the special bracket by the wheel pump, you have more options

snag one off another subaru in the j/y OR buy a FACET cube

#4 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

Well let me tell you after my own experimentation that the stock unit direct from subaru is way better than wasting your time with an aftermarket one.

Have you got a part number for the stock one?? I see some subaru fuel pumps on ebay, but they are for Gen 2 brats. Would they still work??

Thanks for the help guys,
Crabman

#5 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

No the gen 2 is different. It is located back by the gas tank. You will need to find one in the junk or here on the board. Or find a cheap parts car and start removing parts for extras. A lot of parts for these gen 1's are no longer available. All the gen 1's I part have come in handy for myself or others here on the board. So get a parts Brat or gen1 wagon and part it. Just make sure it is only good enough to be a parts car. Wouldn't want a perfectly good gen 1 to go to waste.:grin:

#6 Crabman

Crabman

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

Fellas there has to be something aftermarket that works fairly well. When I go to Kragen.com and search for a fuel pump for my car, it pulls up 4 aftermarket options. There's one from beck arnley, two from Carter, and one more from Master. Has anyone had experience with these??

Gen 1 soobs don't show up very often down here and if one did I don't have the space to keep a parts car around,

Thanks for your help everyone.
Cheers,
Crabman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users