Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tachometer weirdness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 15 December 2003 - 08:42 AM

Didn't want to jack someone else's post, so I'll start my own. When it's cols (5 and below) my tach won't work. It'll pop up to 2 grand or higher if you rev the motor after start up and staf there, frozen - please pardon the pun. When it warms up, 10 or 15 min, it works fine. Any thoughts?:confused:

#2 myossfeece

myossfeece

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • UPinAsubaruRX, INDIANA

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:08 PM

I would suggest taking your gauges cluster apart and hosing it down with wd40. just kidding. So the only time it becomes and issue is when it's really cold? At least it fixes itself. maybe you could mount an aftermarket tach, but it's probably not necessary. Wish I could be of more help. good luck

#3 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,035 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:36 PM

Mine does pretty much the same thing. No big deal, it comes back after warmup.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:01 PM

It's got to be in the tach mechanism itself - replace it with one from a JY - the cluster is really easy to remove....

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users