Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Increase legroom in 87 gl?

Sorry I've been posting so many threads with questions lately. Hopefully as I edjumakate myself I'll be able to contribute as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any "easy" way to get a couple more inches of legroom out of the driver's seat? My right knee starts to feel tweaked after about an hour, and it would be nice if I could stretch out just a little more.

Huh, Well you could cut out the floor pan on that side, That will give you more then enough lag room Lol...

But seriously, You might be able to take out the four bolts that hold the seat/bracket and move the whole thing back and redrill and tap some new holes. That's just a idea. It's not a easy thing but it's an idea. You do have the seat back all the way right? And how tall are you? I'm about 5'11 or 6' tall. And my legs are pretty long and I'm pretty comfy:)

Yeah, it's funny, I'm not that tall, 5'11" and my legs aren't that long, 32in inseam. And the position actually feels pretty comfortable and relaxed when I sit down, knees slightly bent. But after a while, it just feels like I need to be able to straighten my leg just a little bit more or my knee gets to feeling tweaked.

Well, that seems like an easy solution, woundedbrat...

Now, should I take off the two front doors, or the two rear doors?:lol:

Would taking off both the passenger doors have the same effect of making a two-door out of it? :headbang:

Cut the rear doors in half and weld the front part of the rear door to the front door add a latch suchas those used on a fence and waaaala easy access

i am 6'2 but i like to sit upright and somewhat forward because i cannot drive in a gangster lean posture especially if i have to lean forward to reach controls or even the shifter.

i dont think its much of a legroom issue so much as it is a seating position issue.the seat in the subaru sits more like a chair, and that my seem less roomy especially if you are used to domestic makes where you sit with your legs straight out a mile under the dashboard.

xt seats do sit much lower (since an xt has less headroom) and offer more headroom,and may give you more of a seating posture you would be used to. i have xt seats in my car and i like the posture much better, i sit down in the car more instead of feeling like ia m halfway above the dash.