Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got back from having the RX aligned

After the 5 lug conversion, i got the toe set close, but not right on. Took it to Dave's right next to my work, had him do it. He got the Toe set to right, and my steering wheel centered again.

But, there is no more room left in the tie rod ends, none. Perhaps I'd be able to get toe in if I put the smaller stock tie rod ends back on. Well, thats kind of a mute point now, I feel like a man that just found out he can't have children.

Apparently, my car has been in a wreck prior to me owning. I was aware of this, but didn't know how much damage had been done. Well, the subframe is tweaked, such that, this car will never become the corner carver that I imagined. It will always pull to the right. Here are the stats:

Camber: +2.35 Left, +1.60 Right

Caster: +2.55 Left, +1.65 Right

As you can see, the left side is way off. And its as close as it can get. Left side is where the impact happened. So now what do I do? Scrap the car? Its not going to do what I wanted it to do. I've spent hours and hours researching, how to make this car nimble.

Is it worth making it go any faster?

what if the lower control arm is twisted, or maybe there is some adjustment in the strut brace rod.

all of my soobs seem to pull no matter what i do

lower control arms look as if they will bend easily in the inside end, i had to straighten one out before from hitting a curb

my wagon pulls to the right avter the outer end of the axle came apart and wedged up in the brake caliper

If the sub frame is tweaked it can be straightened. There are ways to correct the alignment even thought there's no adjustment up front. It's funny cause looking at those specs a car will pull to neg caster and pos camber, looks like they should damn near cancel each other out. Miles is correct that the caster it can be changed through the strut bar with mods. Another thing, the camber would need to be modified for any serious cornering anyway, you just have a little more work to do on the left :-)