Ultimate Subaru Message Board

?? 11/79 ea71 clutch upgrade

gen2 body style wagon 4spd s/r 4wd top starter ea71 with serial # 30xxx built 11/79

looking for clutch that has more holding power to better withstand the loads of pulling a trailer, driving in mud, and going uphill without slipping the clutch

the clutch in currently acts somewhat like a snowmobile clutch... when 2, 3, or 4, apply throttle, rpm shoots up, then mph will increase while going uphill or not being careful with throttle

what are my options???

ceramic??

gen2 body style wagon 4spd s/r 4wd top starter ea71 with serial # 30xxx built 11/79

looking for clutch that has more holding power to better withstand the loads of pulling a trailer, driving in mud, and going uphill without slipping the clutch

the clutch in currently acts somewhat like a snowmobile clutch... when 2, 3, or 4, apply throttle, rpm shoots up, then mph will increase while going uphill or not being careful with throttle

what are my options???

ceramic??

use stock clutch, but have the step on the flywheel reduced

get in touch with eurodrive clutches... they custom build them to your specs including disc material, step, and pressure...

i got my custom clutch from them without a core for under 300 to my door. depending on what you want the price will be different...