Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast folks Winter activities

Hey there! HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEAR !! :banana:

Pine Barrens Trail run anybody?? We ain't seen the Barrens since a quick dash through in the dark in May coming back from Carlisle with the '78 and '79.....jonesin' bigtime!

For those yet unfamiliar with the Pine Barrens of southern New Jersey its mostly sandy trails,nothing too crazy. Some water,take it or leave it. No pressure to be a hero or retard. It'll be a winter run so it should be a little more slick than usual. If interested and want more info just ask.

Kick it around and we'll see where we settle as a group. The more nasty it is,the more I'd prefer to have several vehicles and probably a non Subaru or two might come along. February? March? Something before Carlisle,which is the third weekend in May every year.

The Ice Carnival and/or Ice Races in upstate NY. I'm sure Mike Kamm will post. This year I should actually be able to make it there with new tires on my '78 4WD wagon. Tires are on! Nothing fancy,but at least I have something acceptable. I'll be in the stock tire class unless I can whip up some bolt spewing black donuts. http://www.icerace.com/

If money is fat enough I will score those incredibly expensive tires I saw in 155/80 13.

Wow,just occurred to me that I might have the '74 here by then. We'll see about that one. And,there's a '79 4WD wagon here now too. If things work out it might be registered by then...should be. It has a clogged heater core which might not get unglogged...so no heat for the moment.:-\

Carlisle Kick Around/Warm-up thread. The Carlisle Import/Kit and Repli-Car show in May is a National event. You do NOT have to have a show car,just anything that's roadworthy and Subaru for our group.Or bring your other specialty car and meet up at our tent.

This year I should be going down there on Friday. Sure would like to help out more this year. I'll be happy to cover the tent up front if need be. This year has seen a few folks shed their old cars for newer ones. But some of us have added more older cars. Should equal out to a good show with a healthy mix of Subarus from the 60's through the latest models.

Will my '78 be restored by then?? ;) Hope we can all make it there in May.

Rumor has it that Todd "Subaru3" is going to make Carlisle from Texas with his sweeeeeeeeet '79 GF. :grin:

gf1.jpg

Some of the Ice Racing details can be found here:

Tentative 2008 Ice Racing Schedule

*Sunday January 6, 2008- - - Cancelled

*Sunday January 13, 2008 - - - Caroga Lake, NY

*Sunday January 20, 2008 - - - Lake Algonquin, Wells, NY

*Sunday January 27, 2008 - - - Caroga Lake, NY

*Sunday February 3, 2008 - - - Round Lake, NY

*Sunday February 10, 2008 - - - Lake Algonquin, Wells, NY

*Sunday February 17, 2008 - - -TBA

*Sun. February 23 & 24, 2008 - - - Lake George, NY

*Sunday March 2, 2008 - - - TBA

*Sunday March 9, 2008 - - - TBA

*Additional Saturday Dates May Be Added If Weather Conditions Dictate A Shorter Than Usual Racing Season.

Please, always call ahead or check in the Latest News before going to an event.

http://www.icerace.com/

No way I will take my Imp off road yet..nope nada aint gonna happen:grin:

Carlisle I probably doubt will happen..the XT6 is dead in the water..mice got him bad and now has a major electrical problem and I probably wont pursue fixing him anymore:-\ . Wont know for a couple days yet what is going on with the 83 GL-10 coupe that Rob should be looking at for me ( unless he wants it for himself.) and even then I doubt it would be on this side of the pond by then. I wont show a brand new car..just is pointless to me.Plus there is a member that if I see them face to face there WILL be a fight.

Monday I am going graveyard at work so who knows...I am holding out cause I AM going to WCSS10 if I go anywhere this year...More to see a couple friends then anything.

• 2 weeks later...

RE carlisle:

the tent will already be covered for this year. I have the paperwork to support this. :headbang: I will be there friday morning as soon as humanly possible.

Connie: there is no problem showing the new impreza. There are other new cars there. I will be in the baja most likely. Also your personal issue could be put aside for the sake of having a good time with others. I believe Paul has done this for a few years in the past. ;)

Subaru360: Please, please, please bring a 360 to the show. Please!

:-p

your personal issue could be put aside for the sake of having a good time with others. I believe Paul has done this for a few years in the past. ;)

:headbang::lol: gad dammit,boy I love ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,just offering since I lived through probably the crappier two years in 2005 and 2006 and now things are a whole lot better. It's good not to be so damned tight in the wallet,not that I'm getting fat rich,but damn,I aint even thinking about gas money and if it's worth the drive,etc.....

To me,it's a pretty cool weekend. We've had the redneck crowd from Charlie Chongo,then last years redneck crowd....much too civilized for Charlie's group,I'm sure.Lived through "SubaruBrat Scott's Bush Campaign and even got to see him shrug and admitt the Chimp is doing one hell of a job .....of ruining the USA's reputaion and moral through and through. THAT was fun,seeing him somewhat humiliated the year after the Chimp for Pres. campaign. So,you see,there's always some sort of pleasure to be derived from the whole Carlisle experience.

Still can't believe Ben didn't have Home Depot threaded rod to hand out,but oh well.

As for the real winter stuff. Sure do hope to hit the Ice Racing,but can't 100% confirm yet. At least I have new tires on the '78 whereas I just couldn't embarass myself with the 12 year old tires that were on it.

Also hope to hit the Barrens before Spring just to do it and for the infusion of a roadtrip/cool day exercising a 4WD vehicle. BTW if we do make it soon it'll be my '78 wagon or maybe the '79 if its registered by then.

Black ice bump.:eek:

Also hope to hit the Barrens before Spring just to do it and for the infusion of a roadtrip/cool day exercising a 4WD vehicle. BTW if we do make it soon it'll be my '78 wagon or maybe the '79 if its registered by then.

Black ice bump.:eek:

last time we went to the barrens in Feb, we had lots of ice, and one of us hit a tree!, lol never, ever ever try to cross an ice flat too fast! :lol: :lol: