Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Woo hoo lift kit is here!

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Guest Flowmastered87GL

My dad just sent me an e-mail to say that my lift kit arrived... he called it a big heavy box, I just told him some plated metal and bolts were in it :lol: (parents dont know about all my projects)

I am not quite sure when the installation time will come, (probably after the rallycross and rubicon and stuff) but any helpers with the lift can get cash and or beer :D

First on the list is to get the sheet metal to repair the rust areas. In the mean time hopefully I can finish my 88 wagon and get it sold before cutting into the brat.

I am still not sure if it will be easier to redo the engine (weber and powder coated valve covers) and repair the rust before, during or after the lift.

Guest Toyofast

Well, even though I'm new here on the list I'm offering my help in sweat, tools and blood(hopefully not:p ). Just let me know at least a week before you want to start so I can get time away from the wife:lol:

I have never done a lift on a Subaru but have on heeps, Toyotas, Zuks plus other mods.... I have a few portable larger tools if needed too.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Sweet, a helper... I am not sure if I will do it here or up in seattle with people like subarutex, qman, and ezap... I know they have better stuff to do and the timeline is uncertain at this point, but personally I would happily pay for their time so I can learn to lift an EA81 properly (and in 5-6 hours) :lol:

Guest Chairotsu

We'll see how things are going just after Rally X if you can wait that long. We leave in a day or 2 for the subarubicon, so I'll be out of town for a week. Maybe the weekend OF the Rally X. . . ? Other wise, if you can wait a little and bring it up here like we talked, I'll loan you my garage and tools. I'll give you some help ta boot. We'll see how many we can get here to help.

This will be my 12th install. rack 'em up.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

For those that dont know, I am lifting the 82 brat, no AC or power steering, so it should be pretty simple :D

The rust may prove to be an issue... I may need to buy a can or 2 of that stuff from Ed :lol: