Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

So I put nitrous in

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 destey

destey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

And make sure the electric bottle warmer cannot stay on after the car is off.

Nitrous bottle explosions are bad... but make nice pictures afterward. :Flame:

Hopefully the burst disk would go before something really bad happened. I've just been bringing my bottle in lately and putting it in front of a ceramic heater I have for my bathroom. I get it 95F or so and by the time the car is warm enough driving down the road, she probably drops to the 85F I looking for.

Bottle heaters, would they draw a lot of current from the battery? Or would you only use it when the car is running?

The EJ22's still holding together with the 70 shot. Love the power it adds. Anyone know what the weakest component that'd probably break first is?

#27 subaru360

subaru360

has no catchy title

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Fleetwood, PA

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hopefully the burst disk would go before something really bad happened. I've just been bringing my bottle in lately and putting it in front of a ceramic heater I have for my bathroom. I get it 95F or so and by the time the car is warm enough driving down the road, she probably drops to the 85F I looking for.

Bottle heaters, would they draw a lot of current from the battery? Or would you only use it when the car is running?

The EJ22's still holding together with the 70 shot. Love the power it adds. Anyone know what the weakest component that'd probably break first is?

The safety valve will pop before the bottle explodes. All those pics you find online of cars blown apart from bottle explosions have rigged the safety valve in order to run higher pressure.

Bottle heaters do draw a lot of current. It will kill a battery quick without the car running. You probably want to run the car while using it.

I think a piston would let go first probaly a ring land. But I've never tried nitrous on a subaru, I ran it for years on my nova.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users