Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

92 Loyale windshield washer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulpicard

paulpicard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Princeton BC

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

Anyone know where to find the washer pump wire (red/white according to Haynes) on a Loyale? I want to hook up a new pump but can't see any evidence of a red/white in the wiper motor harness, and of course the washer reservoir and pump are buried inside the fender - a place I'm not going until late spring!!

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

It's not in the wiper motor harness.

IIRC, it's in the portion of the harness that swings around the front at the bottom of the radiator to supply the headlights and markers, etc. It then enters the fender wall somewhere under the air-box area and goes to the washer motor.

You should be able to access the washer motor from the underside by pulling back the splash sheild inside the fender.

GD

#3 paulpicard

paulpicard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Princeton BC

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

It's not in the wiper motor harness.

IIRC, it's in the portion of the harness that swings around the front at the bottom of the radiator to supply the headlights and markers, etc. It then enters the fender wall somewhere under the air-box area and goes to the washer motor.

You should be able to access the washer motor from the underside by pulling back the splash sheild inside the fender.

GD

Thanks, GD; I'll get to it tomorrow, hopefully, and report if successful. :)

#4 paulpicard

paulpicard

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Princeton BC

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

GD, thanks; you're right. For anyone else out there with a bad Loyale washer pump, the red/white power and black ground wires can be accessed through the same hole in the fender well that the stock pump outlet hose comes out of - just aft of the airbox. I needed long-nose pliers to grab them, but there's enough slack in the main harness to allow about 3" of wire through the hole. I cut them and mounted a new Trico Universal washer pump right next to the airbox and spliced in the red/white and ground wires. The stock hose fits the Trico inlet, and I used the hose that came with the kit for the outlet. No need to go inside the inner fender liner and remove the old pump, the Trico pulls right through it and is a pretty decent unit. Model 11-100 (or WP-300) at your local parts store, around $20 including hose, wiring, and bits and pieces. And get this: it's actually "Made in U.S.A."!!!:grin:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users