Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Am I Reading This Right???!!!

$11,100.00 for an EA82 3AT?! = moron

:eek: wow.

It says "very little rust" .... very LITTLE rust? That thing better have 5 miles on it and be rolling of the showroom floor for $11,100.00 !

EDIT:

Look at the bid history

I'm betting he don't pay.

Im with Skip, actaully.

I bet the winning bid was the original owenr of the car trying to screw over baltimore.

I hadn't thought of that, but that's a good assumption. If so, that's a really lame thing to pull. Super funny, but...:rolleyes:

Well, that's an ebay tactic that some people like to use. Bid a rediculous amount at the very end to make sure they don't get outbid by people who will only place reasonable bids.

A couple years ago I was constantly bidding against one of those people on several different auctions over a month and they kept winning me out. So when I saw them place their bid I started gradually bidding higher and higher way way past my personal limit. They ended up winning the auction 'cause I got skeered, but by the time I was done we had it bid over 5 times what it was worth. They never bid against me again!

If somebody stole your sub for a few unpaid parking tickets I bet you wouldnt think that they weren't so bad I know I wouldn't

Which leads to the question, why didnt the owner feel like he was obligated to pay the parking tickets, instead of breaking the law?

Thats no excuse. Alos it was stolen it was impounded. Finally Baltimore doesnt impounfd a car for parking tickets unless there are quite a few of them on the car.

Its not like Baltimore is like NYC where parking is impossible, there is quite a lot of it available.

Do you like it when someone gets pissed off at you at work for thier mistake?

nipper

My very tired old brain needs help

(a lot of help!!)

This guys sells a bunch of cars. Look at his feedback.

He says

"Impounded by the City of Baltimore for unpaid parking tickets"

Then he says

" It is located in southern York,Pa. We have clear Pa. title"

So he must have paided the tickets and the towing and the impound fees and got the car out of impound?

How else could he have it and the title?

Nipper says

" I bet the winning bid was the original owenr of the car trying to screw over baltimore."

Why then is the city of Ball-tit-more

the one getting screwed?

Which leads to the question, why didnt the owner feel like he was obligated to pay the parking tickets, instead of breaking the law?

Thats no excuse. Alos it was stolen it was impounded. Finally Baltimore doesnt impounfd a car for parking tickets unless there are quite a few of them on the car.

Its not like Baltimore is like NYC where parking is impossible, there is quite a lot of it available.

Do you like it when someone gets pissed off at you at work for thier mistake?

nipper

not trying to start an argument but you say impounded I say stolen I don't know if or why he didn't pay the tickets but I do know that taking away somebodies mode of transportation and making it more difficult to go to work is not a sensible solution to any problem.

My very tired old brain needs help

(a lot of help!!)

This guys sells a bunch of cars. Look at his feedback.

He says

"Impounded by the City of Baltimore for unpaid parking tickets"

Then he says

" It is located in southern York,Pa. We have clear Pa. title"

So he must have paided the tickets and the towing and the impound fees and got the car out of impound?

How else could he have it and the title?

Nipper says

" I bet the winning bid was the original owenr of the car trying to screw over baltimore."

Why then is the city of Ball-tit-more

the one getting screwed?

he probably bought it at auction and is selling it at a huge profit to himself.

"We have clear Pa. title, but due to the city taking it, it will probably show as salvage on Car Fax"

Thats not really clear. It could be he is selling it for the city as an agent, or he bought it from the city and is reselling it.

nipper

Thats not really clear. It could be he is selling it for the city as an agent, or he bought it from the city and is reselling it.

nipper

Sorry Nipper that still not answer your original statement.

I am sure you will explain in detail.

Sorry Nipper that still not answer your original statement.

I am sure you will explain in detail.

Its a fake bid. So now they have to relist it again, probably for a fee. They have to explain to ebay that its a fake bid, how ever it works. It also blocks the car from being sold. Get enough withdrawn or fake bids while your trying to sell something, people are not going to bid.

nipper

Nipper says

"Its a fake bid. So now they have to relist it again,

probably for a fee.......... people are not going to bid."

I'm sorry Nipper, that still does not answer

why you say this??

" I bet the winning bid was the original owenr of the car

trying to screw over baltimore."

The city doesn't own or even have possession of the car.

It's in York, PA as I said.

The auction is a travesty, I agree with you.

But I don't understand your reasoning in that statement.

Sorry, It has to have something to do with

my lame old brain

as I do get sooooo corn-fused these daze.

You see this on the bay sometimes. It's a bidding tactic gone bad. With the proxy bidding, some people put in a ridiculously high bid at the last minute to try and win. If two people use this tactic, the bid amount goes up to $100 over the lowest of the two ridiculous bids. Nobody is actually going to pay $11,100 for a loyale :lol: