Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oil latte

I haven't had that problem in my EA82.....

But in my first Sub (1976 wagon), it was something I lived with. The oil filler tube is so long and sits so high above the engine, I figured it collected condensation on the inside of the cap. The design of the engine (at least this mechanical feature) hasn't changed in all these years. It might just be cold-weather condensation.....

If there's no other sign of latte (like on the dipstick, inside the PCV hoses, or inside the valve covers), I think I coud live with this explanation.

-- Mark

Moose man says it is a headgasket going and that I just might have my pushbutton 4WD 3spd auto tranny by Christmas!!

Actually,these suckers have been known to drive many miles in this condition.I'll have a spare motor soon if you want to swap one in to keep it away from me.I've got a few options for you if you're interested.Call or email.

Originally posted by moosens

Moose man says it is a headgasket going and that I just might have my pushbutton 4WD 3spd auto tranny by Christmas!!

Sure am glad I never told you about my organ donor card. I'm not quite done with the parts yet!:santa:

Considering recent weather, I like the suggestion of "condensation" in cold filler tube as the dipstick seems clear and the gasket on the filler cap is shot.