Ultimate Subaru Message Board

::sigh:: I've been corrupted...

Ok.. spent entirely TOO much time around Matt and Steven...

Last night I pretty much finalized a deal on a buddies XT6. Some of you probably know Porter and know the car. :) Anyways.. I now own a WRX and a 91 XT6 AWD 5sp.

For now the XT6 is just getting an overhaul on the engine. New seals, gaskets, etc etc... It's pulling duty as backup/rallycross beater for the WRX. Poor 02 WRX has 60k miles on it already and is on it's second motor. Figured it could use a little break.

Possible plans: fab up an intake for it, dual exhaust, maybe fab an X pipe in true mustang/Fbody fashion, see if I can fit my stock wrx suspension under there, and who knows what else. It's going to be my toy so I'm sure I'll have some fun with it.

I'm completely new to the older subarus unless you count helping Steven pull the RX motor. So I'll be learning as I go. :)

Crazyhorse, welcome! I'm glad you're getting that 6, knowing Porter, I'm sure the car was taken care of...

He especially has a things for wedges, at the Tampa Subaru Challenge, he couldn't wait to come over and look at my XT...

You can join us wedge freaks over on http://xt6.net/forum too. I don't even have a 6, but they've accepted me warmly, they'd be sure to do the same with you...

Enjoy the car! :-)

I had already stumbled across XT6.net as well. :) Just haven't posted there yet.

Knowing porter... It'll need brake pads before it needs anything else. lol Actually I was there when they started the rear diff work on it a while back in Asheville.

Going to take that 115k mile motor and pull the sucker apart, replace everything that I can find parts for and then put that one back in the car if the pistons look ok. That way I'll have something to tool around in while I try my best to behave and not go crazy on it. The WRX has to take priority next year since it's going to be a sponsored car. But that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun in the wedge. :-)