Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lets see the brats.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These aren't mine yet, key word yet. The Green one was rolled and the other has rust issues (haven't been able to climb under yet to determine how bad), both are less engines and the tranny is missing from the Grey one, as well as the tail gate.

JWs001.jpgJWs005.jpgJWs002.jpg

JWs003.jpgJWs004.jpg

Notice the DL Brat in the background below, he's got quite a collection of EA81s.

JWs017.jpg

If I pick these up (it's a package deal) I'm parting the Green one out and lifting the Grey one and putting in a D/r 4spd from my 83 and well as a built EA81 with SPFI:headbang: .

Wish me luck:)

Skip,damned if you don't look as devilish as the little fellow on the hood....

pardon the switcherooney but I just happened to have a curiousity about our old pal just this AM and did a quick Google. Obviously he's gotten shy here not being on since sometime in 2006....:banana: ....but apparently he's into a bi-plane now. Could not find him listed with his said employer but I didn't bother looking too hard there for fear of guys showing up at my door in black suits and sunglasses.

Well,again,sorry,but that guy does have a dedicated website for the BRAT and all..... but kind of glad he's elsewhere now.

Let's see those BRATs !! :popcorn:

Come on Mary, quit being such a "tease"

making us go to your alblum.

Here is her most excellent Brat

(note new gen Brat in background)

Whole_Car.JPG

Jeeez... sorry Skip, I thought the link was going directly to the single pic, not the whole album... maybe someday I'll figure out this dang contraption.

• 2 months later...

The ej22 touched on the frame rails when I test fitted the motor, so I notched the frame rails and boxed them in. The rest of the swap is like a normal ej22 swap with a few exceptions. It has worked great. I have about 10,000 miles on the brat since I did the swap.

+1

I'd love to hear some more about how you shoehorned that in there Pleeeeease!

unfortunate rust issues. runs great tho!! may be selling or parting soon. i'll give board guys 1st shot at goodies... keep your eyes open!

Rust? Where? Looks like a really decent Brat from the pics your showing. I'd think twice about parting it out.