Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy 4EAT into EA82 Turbo

Gloyale

That's what I have and that is the reason I was asking. The turbo is nice but has to many problems and quirks and I am getting tired of working on it. I (she ) want's something reliable while keeping the original car she likes. Wiring is not a problem ( I just finished a 4.9 cad swap into a 85 Fiero w/ caddy com ) and as a mechanic there is not much I can't do and already have most of the tools to set up diffs.

if you're going through all that work any way i'm not seeing the need to keep it an EA 4EAT trans, just swap the EJ22 in with an EJ 4EAT auto trans too.

He'd half to, because the car he' talking about doing this to has a 3spd. Totally different and no computer.

swapping in the EJ trans would alo require plicing of the harness to make connector match. And additionally the EJ TPS outputs in a different range, so using an EJ TCU might be nessecary as well.

And I already have the wiring from an 88 turbo to use for the trans so that would be a direct swap into the other car.

As another side piece has anyone used the 3at behind the ej. I know nobody likes them but rather than beat and cut my Brat for a 4eat to fit and the fact that I can put them together to last would the adapter work for these?

And I already have the wiring from an 88 turbo to use for the trans so that would be a direct swap into the other car.

As another side piece has anyone used the 3at behind the ej. I know nobody likes them but rather than beat and cut my Brat for a 4eat to fit and the fact that I can put them together to last would the adapter work for these?

Wow... not a good idea.

• 5 years later...