Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WHO has a low milage early model Legacy?

I have 120k on a 93 Legacy Wagon, which seems to be low on this board. The previous owner took excellent records of the vehicle, which I am continuing. According to everything I have, the vehicle has never had any major engine work done. I have no rust, no rot, and no smell. The biggest thing I have had replaced were both of the front Axles, and that was because I slid of the road into a ditch, fun times.

No problems other than "operator caused!"

My 91 Legacy Sedan has 127k miles on it. While it's in excellent shape for its age, it's hardly perfect. I'm being stupid right now and running partial synthetic oil in it, that's why it's burning a tad bit of oil. I'm gonna switch to full dino soon, but I have another bigger problem I need to fix: the clutch fork is wobbling on the throwout bearing, and I get to do my first tranny drop to fix it. Plus the front bumper wasn't painted right and is chipping. But the car should be near perfect by the end of this summer. It's really a restoration project.

127k really isn't high for these cars, some people have 200k and they still run peachy. Consider a 70k 90-94 Legacy still off the showroom floor :cool:

I've had a '91 Legacy wagon now for 7 months. I bought it with 98K from the 2nd owner. It just turned 114k this past week. I have had just minor problems with it:

Passenger side door lock control--replaced it.

Automatic antenna wasn't working when I got it--replaced it.

Installed aftermarket radio to replace stock unit.

Replaced tires with all season Hakkapollitta.

Set of 14" alloys from qman.

So far all I've needed to do has been to replace the oil and filter at regular intervals. Previous owner was meticulous in keeping up the routine maintenance and had the records to prove it so I know when the major services need to be done.

Looks like by summer I should be one of the lowest on the board. My mom has a 92 Legacy Turbo that was just in for the 75k service. She's gonna replace it in the near future. It won't be going to the dealer or be sold in the near future though I'm sorry to say:D

I know have a 90 Legacy AWD sedan A/T with 32,500 on it.... :clap: It is sweet. I will have to repaint from the trim up because of paint fade and replace the upper portion of the back seat also but those are no problem Other than that a few details like a new trunk poper handle and fix inner door handle ( about 30 min work )

The good thing is i have been offerd 2500.00 for it already