Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The "100+ mpg" PICC isn't available yet; this may prove to give new meaning to "vaporware". :rolleyes:

Another write-up:

http://www.savegasdiesel.com/hydro-assist-fuel-cell.htm

For the sake of argument, let's assume that the HAFC could actually deliver 50% increase in gas mileage. If you travel 10,000 miles per year, and are getting 20 mpg, a 50% increase would raise that to 30 mpg. At $3 per gallon, 10k miles would cost $1500 in gas at 20 mpg, and $1000 at 30 mpg. That would theoretically yield a savings of $500 per year...

...but then you'd have to subtract the cost of the "conditioner" plus xylene and acetone, another $125 for treating 320 gals (close enough to the 333 gals used per year at 30 mpg). That reduces annual savings to $375 in my example.

However, the HAFC costs about $1000, and to get the guaranteed results has to be installed by a licensed mechanic, and "tuned". To make the math easy, let's say the charge for that work is only $125, for a total outlay of $1125. "Saving" $375 per year, it would take three years to break even on a cost of $1125.

So, in my example, only after three years would you actually begin to see any financial benefit -- if the device actually worked, and lasted that long. :)

OK LET ME BE CLEAR

THIS GAS SAVER THING

IS A HOAX, NOT REAL

BIG FREAKING SCAM

I AM PART OF A WATCHDOG GROUP

AND THIS PERTICULAR ITEM HAS BEEN

ON OR NEAR THE TOP OF OUR LIST

FOR OVER 10 YEARS

THE IDEAS ARE 30+ YEARS OLD

I WOULD SUGGEST TO ALL TO READ ABOUT

DENNIS LEE, AND AVOID THIS PRODUCT

IF YOU WANT BETTER GAS MILAGE

KEEP YOUR CAR PROPERLY TUNED

AND KEEP YOUR LEADFOOT OF THE GO PEDAL

OR AT LEAST NOT PEDAL TO THE METAL

I GET 28MPG FROM MY 67 BUICK 300V-8(2BBL)

AND THATS CITY

CHEERS

J:mad: :Flame::clap: