Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fender Trim/ how much??

A considerable amount - also having the suspension adjusted up like that makes it stiffer, and you don't get as much travel.

You CAN mount them tho - it just requires a whole lot of trimming. You won't have much left for fenders really.

You consider a lift? It would accomidate 26's without any trimming if you go that route.

GD

i did a article a long while ago on trimming the fenders. i re made it and put it on my new site under subaru modifications. but yes if you are using pug wheels. you should be fine with 26" tall tires.

http://www.westcoaststompers.com/mods/mods.htm

that should be the right link but if not go to west coast stompers main page. on the link bar go to subaru modifications.

Qman, my ladder is bolted to my top rack then it goes in to wheel- well and goes up about 2" then has a formed piece of metal that is screwed in 4 places to this lip that is in wheel-well. Its sturdy as hell, my buddy rode on it FIREMAN style one day ripping down anm old fire road.:D We have done the jump hold test to see how tuff it was when we got it done. I think in my pics it has a view of the top bolting? Sean

so, with a little trimming, i can fit in some 26-27" tires? am i reading this correctly?

this would work great for my very limited budget. this way, i can at least get the clearance that i need. of course it won't look half as beasty as a lifted soob, but i can always do that down the road or when i upgrade to a better car. i want to get an xt6 that is for sale, but i think my next car will be a gl-10 sedan w/a turbo. hopefully

I am skeptical about putting 26 or 27 inch tires on with out a lift. I run 27.7 inch tires on yota rims with a 3 inch lift and i had to do some fender cutting, but a lot of beating inside on the wheel well. I could be wrong but i don't think u can get away with putting 26 or 27 inch tires on your unlifted soob without and fender cutting, unless you intend to drive in a straight line? Just my thoughts, i could be wrong though.

Yes, you did read about 27's without a lift. However he beat the hell out of his wheel wells so he could turn. He had to beat enough that he actually put a couple cracks in the rear of the front fenderwell. It took awhile but I managed to convince him that he needed a lift also. You can only beat these things so much.

i'm gonna go in the 25ish range. this will save me some money and i can always get a lift down the road. my current ride isn't the nicest so i'm not worried about beating the sh!t out of it. i'm sure when i purchase a nicer wagon my fire for a lift will be re-ignited. right now, i'm just struggling to make rent and pay my bills. i work 14 hour days 3-5 days per week and 7 hour days 6 days per week. i'm just trying to get re-established and stable once again.