Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTENTION: all who are attending or thinking of attending the Reiter run Jan. 3rd

-------------------Don't Move Post--------------------

This is a Poll

ok i'm going to need a rough estimate of who will actually be driving, who will be walking/riding. and who will be bringing cameras.

i need to know because i've gotten a few request for people to ride. i have 2 passengers that are family and a friend. so at most i have room for one. Subafly i have no idea who he's bringing other than probably his girlfriend. not sure if Zapar is driving or riding. not sure if QMan is coming. not sure if tex's car will be up and going. Eric Morton (toyota) most likely will have his passenger seat filled.

other than that i don't know who will be coming. and would like to know how large of a group or small will be coming. also what the group trail capability is.

cause i heard lake isabele trail is closed for sure. but would like to see how closed it is. cause i have a date with the wooden bridge.... it's about 4 major obstacle after the little rock climb out of the little creek (2nd actual creek crossing.) and a ways after a long steep hillclimb of rockslab.

but more than likely won't be running that trail. but just would like to know who would be going or not. thank you. and please post if you are coming. at least say yes, no, or maybe. or if needing a ride but want to come. also if you can carry a passenger or 2 if you are driving.

All the meeting info and cb channels are in the meet and greet. this is just a poll to see who's planning on going.

yes and no. around the powerline trails there is plenty for you to play on but the harder trails i suggest riding with someone. so you could bring it. take the easy way to the powerlines. we will take the hobbit trail. then you can ride with us after we are done at the power lines.

How far from Portland? Uh well how about an hour or so north and east of Seattle. More specifically, the trail head is a couple miles east of the town of Goldbar, WA. To Mapquest it, put "Reiter Road" in for the address and Goldbar in for city. This topo map here shows Reiter Pit and most of the trails. http://nad27.com/special/4x4/isabel/ (btw, Jared, did you know the maps on your Stompers page are gone?)

At this point I'm a maybe and I won't know until around New Years if I can make it for sure.

Sorry to get off topic but incase anybody is around and interested, sometime between Christmas and New Years I might want to do a exploration run looking for new trails and adventure. It'd probably be a half-day low elevation kind of thing. I'll put up a post on the Meet and Greet if it looks do-able. Possible destinations include Stossel Creek Road (by Duval), way out the Middle or N Snoq Roads, Black Diamond-Ravensdale trails + Kanasket trails. Side note to locals: "No Trespassing" signs went up today at the Mill Creek Mud Hole and the cops were hiding & busting people as they went in to play :-(

well i hope more people will be driving. so we have plenty of cars and room.

-mikew-

yes i know they aren't on the new page yet. i'm slowly transferring the stuff from the old site to the new one.when i get around to making the trails section. i was going to put that as a link in the trail section. also http://www.nwjeepn.com has some good maps and gps fixes. i'll be hopefully starting on that in the next few weeks. well i hope you can make it.

cool!! i just can't wait to see the Hatch Patrol again and go wheeling! You guys are some of the best in the country to wheel with!!

i'm gonna have to take it easy at first. cause i'm gonna have to completely relearn the center of gravity and how she handles.

6" total height gain, power steering, lower gearing, and a lot more horses like almost 40!! i'm really gonna have to relearn wheeling her and how to finese her... :D but it's all worth it. especially the power steering and gearing part!!

I'll see if I can rearange my schedule. I was going to take my kids snowshoeing on the third, but we can probably go on the fourth instead.

Put me down as tentative. I'll post again when I know for sure.

UPDATE: I will have a seat or two depending on the number of kids I bring, if any. If I can make it, you can come with me SuperRallyRoo.

ok. it's not too late noah. but still trying to locate seats for everyone...

my plan is to try to see how "closed" lake isabele trail is. and try to run it if we can make it in there. last time i didn't go all the way. i killed a rim and blew a bead (cause i was running 8psi on accident. oops, aired down to 12 lbs and the cold air really aired them down after i was on the trail and snow for a while. i had supurb traction up all the waterfalls though!!)so we turned around. the weather wasn't on our side. and the trail was getting really bad for the 1600 clutch. but it was still treking. even when the rocks were dragging underneath everywhere!! hopefully i can sneak in there. i know i have a date with that trail if i can get into it. and from what i understand from how far the HP ran that trail. i ran it farther, but i know ken now has a bone to pick with that trail, after the rubicon. i made it within the last 1/2 mile. i only had 3 obstacles left. the log bridge/ and the rocks after!!!, avalanche and the last obstical of the trail the waterfall. we turned around at the bridge due to the very precise tire placement that was going to be needed, due to the holes and gaps in the bridge and there was a lot of ice and snow on it. which didn't make it very inviting to roll off about 15 feet down to a good size creek that was steep as Hell. and no winches to help get out.

but more than likely we can't run it :mad: so we'll run everything else and play around till everyone starts leaving.

the plan is to take the hobbit trail to the powerlines. i'll split real quick and see how closed the trail is... then if we can go all that want to run it can run it. the rest can ride or walk as we creep along. take plenty of digital pics and send me copy's on cd's. then from there depending on the time schedule. run the vnotch, which is quck and easy and maybe the index overlook. and other than that go play in the mud holes and trails in the area to explore.

i'm researching about isabele right now.

well not sure yet about isabele... but i was just informed of a new trail that is at reiter. no trail used to exist there. but according to my brother. there's a new trail they found with toyota truck tracks. it's supposed to be really muddy, lots of twisty tipsy sections and lots of tight weavy trees!! so we might have to check it out!! they were up there dirtbiking awhile ago and found it. i got directions to the trail and a ph# if i need a guide!! exploration... what a good idea!!

well if we run the new trail or isabele trail. i'm going to require in order for you to run those particular trails in your vehicle.

3" minimum lift.

26" mud terrains

lsd or locker

some self recovery equip

d/r range transaxle

and a sense of humor about possible body damage. it is very likely, to recieve body damage!!

these are a very minimum.

i'd rate for sure isabele lake trail at least a difficult crossed with most difficult. and if my brothers description of this new trail is correct. it's at least a difficult, if not most difficult... not sure about it. but the mud aounds delicously deep!!

sounds like you are ready to kill the trail!! i'll have some recovery gear. if ken goes i'm sure he'll have the winch.

i'll have a comelong and a strap or two. and front end parts.

so you ready to puch the suby??

so is it for sure you can go dante?? you'll be missing out if you don't. and will you have a vacant seat??

Well this is gonna be a good turn out!! i'm happy!!

list of who's driving:

EZap

Qman

Subafly

Dante?

MikeW?

Eric Morton (Toyota my friend)

Brian (eric's friend w/toyota)

Turbone?

Derick? (Cherokee, subafly's friend)

passenger's

from the board:

BlueSoob

Noah

subarally

Tex?

Zigi?

goatboy?

Mudrat79?

i hope you can come mike, it's been too long since i've wheeled with you. at least over a year! hope you can make it too turbone. it's going to be a full house that's for sure!!

all passenger's i'm going to ask to please post for sure. so we know who's all needs to try to find a seat.

can i request that everyone with digi pics of this event. burn a cd and mail it to me. Cause i would like to intergrate it into my website, as a trip report. and trip photos. So i'm going to need a lot of photo's so everyone will be able to feast their eyes on tons of suby offroad photos!!

Thank you if you can do that. it'd be greatly appreciated!