Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTENTION: all who are attending or thinking of attending the Reiter run Jan. 3rd

Well it's exactly one week away!! i'm having some friends try to check and see if lake isabele Tr. is open. if not i'll run to the trail head while everyone plays at the powerlines. and check it out and the water depth of May Creek crossing if it's open. there's 2 creek crossing options at the beggining. the most obvious and the one we've all used when we cross may creek. the easy crossing. there's also a harder crossing up stream a little. it's not supposed to be deeper water but there's a hill climb on the otherside. that's supposed to be steep and might need to be winched. i'll check both entrances and see if the trail is open.

At the moment we have 6 vehicles for sure. If anyone else is gonna be driving. please tell me. even if you are a maybe. so i can try to get an estimate of the groups capability. and how long it'll take to get through the trails.

if we take lake isabele trail. we are attempting to finish it(i have a bone to pick with the log bridge). but if the snow's too deep, we might not. if along the trail and someone does not want to keep driving. you can follow us on foot or if there is room in the car. also passengers on some harder obstacles might be asked to watch to lighten the load. just a word of warning to those that have not wheeled with me. but you can get right back in after the obstacle. great time for pics though!! usually it'll be a hard obstacle in order to have someone get out.

all meeting up info is in the meet and greet column. on the first post in this topic.

well i've seemed to have exhausted my options on finding wether lake isabelle is open or not. everyone i know does not know for sure... the last person i talked to that ran it was in mid to early summer. so that's not any help. some of them have heard rummers but don't know. i guess when i go snow boarding with brian, we'll have to swing buy and see how closed she is.

as for the highrider trail in the sultan basin area. is closed! supposedly you can still run it if you know how to get to the rear gate. run it in reverse and come back to the gate to exit.

Shaw Lake Trail. is not for sure and only rummers if closed or not. i'll keep you updated if i find out more.

Turns out I can't go either :( The other half was fine with it, until yesterday when she found out some friends from California will be in town for the weekend. Now we have other plans on Saturday.

I need to fix the battery tie-down on my car and put a fan switch on my car before the run, anyway, but OT's been getting in the way. Hopefully I can make the next run.