Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tahuya Trail Run Sunday Feb 17th, pictures added

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

invites to individuals that i thought would be interested have already been sent via pm...

planning on making a run to tahuya sunday the 17th,

needed
lift, oversized tires, and a traction device in the rear. no stockers please, tahuya is tame, but i want to run a lot of the trails.

nothing hard, just planning on running the majority of the trails. car will be done saturday and this is a shakedown run, to check for problems and issues with little roo. shouldn't be any major issues. i just need to go wheel, and needed an excuse to put humpty dumpy back together again.
come one come all, it'll be muddy and wet.

Safeway Parking lot in belfair at 9:00am, will be stepping off at 9:30am. please rsvp, so i know if i'm waiting for anyone...
how many of you have cb's? if so i'll reinstall mine.

----------------------------------------
directions and times
PLEASE RSVP IF YOU ARE COMING, i'm only waiting for those that rsvp'd. after the rsvp's arrive at the meeting spot, we are heading out. if no RSVP's then i'm gassing up at 9am at safeway, then on my way to go airdown.
directions from tacoma to Safeway Belfair, wa
http://maps.yahoo.co... Gig Harbor, WA

directions from safeway to effendel pass staging area
http://maps.yahoo.co...688,-122.913033

Belfair, wa
Safeway Parking lot between starbucks and safeway gas station.
9am
9:30am heading to orv park, or earlier if everyone that spoke up to go has showed up
9:45am airdown at Effendel Pass Staging area, cross the street and enter at the 4x4trail head. plan is to run as much of the trail system as possible. check out the errosion on broke axle hill... wasn't much of a challenge last time, but it's supposedly pretty well erroded... then run the south loop, and as much as time, gas and vehicles permit.

personally i take the 302 at purdy, through a short cut to 3 into belfair. but i live about purdy and 302 area... a mile or so from hwy16. 302 isn't a freeway, but my soob also likes the pace of 55 and less...

-------------------------------------
RSVP'd:
Rooinater

Attempting:
Slideshow86

Maybe, not sure:
ElToro
Turbone

#2 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

anyone going? or is it just going to be me and my girlfriend? hmmm... i should find where my come-a-long winch walked off to then...

#3 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,113 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

Sorry Jared, as of right now, I am out.

#4 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

Im really going to try to make this. I may have my brat ready:banana: I just need to hustle. Um also need to swap in the lsd into my wagon. Where and when is the meeting place?

Who is all going?? Isnt there anyone down this far in washington? Alaska style thats right in your neck of the woods?

Jess

#5 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

Sorry Jared, as of right now, I am out.

that's what i was figuring, you have a lot of important stuff going on this weekend! wheeling should be last on your list. i know eric has something he's already commited to, that and it's tahuya... so i know that you guys can't make it.

for sure...
me...

maybes...
Turbone
eltoro
slideshow

i almost consider it funny, all these people complain about toyotas and stuff being posted,... but there's a reason this section is always dead... no one really seems to wheel soobs anymore, exception scott and his crew up north, they seem to wheel regularly. the only thing i seem to see regularly is logging roads and such... i can't wait till i get my finances out of the hole so i can get on the yota. it's easier to find people to wheel with...

#6 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

the only thing i'm looking at that might break this weekend is the welds in the lincoln locker. the spare diff i blew out the center 2 spiders, while it was an open diff... so it's just welded to the carrier, and center pin... and there's a nick in a ring tooth. nothing like the chunks of gears in the oil, like the diff that's coming off the car... so it'll need a replacment before reiter in a couple weeks.

#7 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

http://maps.yahoo.co... Gig Harbor, WA
Belfair, wa
Safeway Parking lot between starbucks and safeway gas station.
9am
9:30am heading to orv park, or earlier if everyone that spoke up to go has showed up
9:45am airdown at Effendel Pass Staging area, cross the street and enter at the 4x4trail head. plan is to run as much of the trail system as possible. check out the errosion on broke axle hill... wasn't much of a challenge last time, but it's supposedly pretty well erroded... then run the south loop, and as much as time, gas and vehicles permit.

personally i take the 302 at purdy, through a short cut to 3 into belfair. but i live about purdy and 302 area... a mile or so from hwy16. it's not a freeway, but my soob also likes the pace of 55 and less...

#8 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

maps and such...

4x4 trail system map

Posted Image

printable version

http://home.comcast....s/TahuyaMap.doc

DNR maps

print size

http://www.dnr.wa.go...ahuya_trail.htm

full size

http://www.dnr.wa.go...tahuya_both.pdf

#9 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

Giving this a bump. Where are the members south of seattle but north of portland?

Jess

#10 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

no one down south wheels soobs anymore... Posted Image Posted Image or they are scared of tahuya... Posted Image lol... Posted Image yeah right... Posted Image Posted Image i'd post some other taunting smilies, but i see myself getting banned for nww humor if i do that...

Turbone??
ElToro??

#11 El Toro

El Toro

BIG DADDY ED

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Kitsap co.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

Im in. but cant make it till 1. what cb chanel you on? hope to see more ru s

#12 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

i didn't reinstall the cb,... i'm still having a few quirks, and funky sounds, but i'm planning on being there around 9am at safeway. give me a call eltoro and i am sure we can arrange a meeting time and place.

#13 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

DONE, DONE and DONE.

LSD is in the 3.9 housing.

I got the E10 torx from Harbor Freight as a set of E4-E10 for $7. No shaving it fit like a glove.

I am loading the car now so I dont have to do it tomorrow. As I live an hour or so away.

Come on guys, its gunna be a nice day!

Jess

#14 Alaska Style

Alaska Style

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Wasila, Alaska!

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Dammit!!!! I would soooo go witchya and tear it up but my Sub's one CV short of Tahuya this weekend. It gave up on life last time I was up there. I'm rockin RWD right now :burnout: My seats are also a little damp from a recent Mud Lake incident. http://alaska4x4netw...ead.php?t=33274 SlideShow86, Sorry about your old tire, it was an accident........ 3 are still good;)

#15 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

OMG Im soo glad our subys are soo tough!

Crazy link Alaska

#16 mtnman38

mtnman38

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • kitsap county

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

haunt and I will be there around noon look for black lifted brat and a red lifted hatch

if we see ya cool if not %$#@ happens

maybe next time

OH yea eltoro is not coming due to mechanical issues

#17 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

Ok, so rooinator just broke his rear axle and we had to run back to belfair. He is going to bremerton to get a new one. I am waiting in the QFC parkinglot, or roaming around belfair. He should be here in an hour, if anyone wants to meet us here.

Jess

#18 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

and we are back home. autozone needs to learn how to use there computers. they said they had one, but looked when i arrived and said they didn't... then found a really messed up brake problem... decided the best thing to do was cut the day short...

broke axle hill has now claimed one of my cv cups... rarely do i grenade a cup, and i really grenaded it! almost 1/4th of the cup is gone along with the bearings... that hill is really erroded and interesting now! hopefully i will be a go for 2 weeks from now at belfair, money dependent on whether i can get the parts and fix the problem with the brakes.

options are replace my torsion bars or tube, and convert to rancho shocks with limiting straps. presently my torsion bars are sagged. maybe if i soften it up a little it won't bounce so hard and claim a broken part so often... or yota axle, the first is more likely. anyone have some torsion bars they don't want and a front caliper and rotor???

#19 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:06 PM

here's a few pics from today. didn't get many...

Posted Image

broke axle hill, picture does not do justice. it ain't extreme, but that little hole on the left is almost 3 feet deep, then there is a few more on the way up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 slideshow86

slideshow86

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

AHHH his car makes mine look stock height! Must......Go.....Larger........

Its great how small stuff looks on camera compared to in person.

Thanks for the pix. If we had stuck around longer I would have gotten alot of them. I wish I would have gotten video of you going up broke axle hill.

We will try again in a few weeks. Hopefully get some more roo's out there too.

Jess

#21 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

AHHH his car makes mine look stock height! Must......Go.....Larger........

Its great how small stuff looks on camera compared to in person.

Thanks for the pix. If we had stuck around longer I would have gotten alot of them. I wish I would have gotten video of you going up broke axle hill.

We will try again in a few weeks. Hopefully get some more roo's out there too.

Jess

i didn't think about pictures until,... pop!... it wasn't so difficult last time, but slimy as hell and really tore up today. money dependent on repairs for another run. i have to flip a $1200 dollar bill for college next month... and i only get paid $1258... so if they don't fix my payments by the first... then i'm high and hell water for the month of march....

#22 mtnman38

mtnman38

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • kitsap county

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

Well haunt and ninjaben and I all showed up around 1200 we did all of the trails but saw no other subarus What time did ya all bail?

Ninja ben and I had the same axel trouble as you we both lost fwd about 4;00 so the we bailed

Haunts hatch i just finished had zero problems SHES BURLY

well maybee next time we can all meet

we had to wait till noon because of a work schedule

#23 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

we bailed at noon, from qfc. after finding that one of my front brake pads went ua... we called it a day on a safety issue. jess brought up the good point that bad things happen in 3's, call it quits while we are ahead at only 2. shooting for another run in 2 weeks, keep an eye on this forum for a run post. i need to swap out a tranny, caliper, rotor and maybe some rear suspension components. tranny will be the big hang up, i have one, but presently lacking the proper jacks and such to do it safely. presently fudging around with my budget to afford the brake components.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users