Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

* * * * * 1 votes

Dashboard bulb replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fuki_*

Guest_fuki_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 03:01 PM

Does anybody have experience at replacing the bulb behind the heating fan control on the dashboard of a 1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5?

#2 Guest_Commuter_*

Guest_Commuter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 04:59 PM

Yes. Many of us. Myself included.

Go to the archives <a href="http://pub1.ezboard.com/fultimatesubarumessageboardsfrm6.showMessage?topicID=46.topic" target="top">here</a>. Lots of good info. There are also other links around. Scoobymods in another.

Commuter

#3 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:01 PM

Just did this on Sadie's 95 Legacy, thanks to CincyBuckeye and Russ for writing these up.
Having both writeups let me decide which bulbs and which procedure to use and I liked that.

Shawn

I went with the Radio Shack bulbs and bic pen pieces on this and its great, $3.25 in parts and I have a spare bulb now for later since they come in 2 pks.

#4 Guest_rsc95legacy_*

Guest_rsc95legacy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:17 AM

To All: Removing cable at the vent end is a great tip. To make replacement easier, attach a 3-5 foot piece of flexible wire, heavy fish line or nylon cord to the end you disconnected. Be sure to cover the connection with tape if it could hang up on anything. You can still get the control unit out to replace the bulbs but you will have an easier time getting the disconnected end back in place by just pulling on your "fish" line.

#5 Guest_flash_*

Guest_flash_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2003 - 07:26 PM

Are the heated seat buttons back lit?

#6 Guest_Commuter_*

Guest_Commuter_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2003 - 07:48 PM

Yes... You'll need the Radio Shack 7219 bulb to replace it. The link I gave up above has a couple of posts about opening up the switch and replacing the bulb.

Commuter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users