Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dashboard bulb replacement

Guest ShawnW

Just did this on Sadie's 95 Legacy, thanks to CincyBuckeye and Russ for writing these up.

Having both writeups let me decide which bulbs and which procedure to use and I liked that.

Shawn

I went with the Radio Shack bulbs and bic pen pieces on this and its great, $3.25 in parts and I have a spare bulb now for later since they come in 2 pks.

• 1 month later...
Guest rsc95legacy

To All: Removing cable at the vent end is a great tip. To make replacement easier, attach a 3-5 foot piece of flexible wire, heavy fish line or nylon cord to the end you disconnected. Be sure to cover the connection with tape if it could hang up on anything. You can still get the control unit out to replace the bulbs but you will have an easier time getting the disconnected end back in place by just pulling on your "fish" line.

• 2 months later...
Guest Commuter

Yes... You'll need the Radio Shack 7219 bulb to replace it. The link I gave up above has a couple of posts about opening up the switch and replacing the bulb.

Commuter