Walker Run March 15th 2008

one eye

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up on this thread.

I'd love to come along!

I might need some new tires first. My 27x8.50 Firestone A/Ts are suckage for mud. I want Wildcats.

My buddy might want to bring his lifted 91 Legacy.

PM me details please.

PM sent

Jeff all locked??

mud tires??

I think we should go up that trail with th gate and shoefly, only been up there once

All have mud tires but Ben is not locked up I don't think.

That would be cool to go up that way I went up there 2 or 3 years ago with Brian but I almost made it around the gate to go up there but I didn't.:rolleyes: I want to stay away from Big rocks and tree stumps. that's all the more I ask.

I think that's a good plan to go up that way.

Jeff

All have mud tires but Ben is not locked up I don't think.

That would be cool to go up that way I went up there 2 or 3 years ago with Brian but I almost made it around the gate to go up there but I didn't.:rolleyes: I want to stay away from Big rocks and tree stumps. that's all the more I ask.

I think that's a good plan to go up that way.

Jeff

last time I went that route , the hatch ( not mine) blew both rear axles , with the locked rear , it got towed out of there with a tracker that was with us , the car started the trip lookin great, and left all beet up , just ask Rob K

last time I went that route , the hatch ( not mine) blew both rear axles , with the locked rear , it got towed out of there with a tracker that was with us , the car started the trip lookin great, and left all beet up , just ask Rob K

I just hope that's not me, but You know you do owe me a pull if worst comes to worst.:grin:

Jeff

I tried the turbo car out on some muddy hills and the thing chocked up and died , ended up being a nice mouse nest in the airbox, it matched the one in the glove box , I got that cleaned out after runnnin the battery dead then let it sit tried the hill again, the thing gets all smoky and runnin rich I think the turbo is leakin oil into the intake so maybe I could bypass the turbo to get it to run good, anyway I have 2 week to get her up to trail speed Im lookin forward to the trip, a buddy with a Sammy may come also SJR

I tried the turbo car out on some muddy hills and the thing chocked up and died , ended up being a nice mouse nest in the airbox, it matched the one in the glove box , I got that cleaned out after runnnin the battery dead then let it sit tried the hill again, the thing gets all smoky and runnin rich I think the turbo is leakin oil into the intake so maybe I could bypass the turbo to get it to run good, anyway I have 2 week to get her up to trail speed Im lookin forward to the trip, a buddy with a Sammy may come also SJR

Scott I checked my messages on my phone and saw that you had called me sorry I didn't return the call yet, Ive been a bit under the weather for the last couple of days. :-\ I'll give you a call this Afternoon.:)

Jeff

Well at this point, it looks like its going to be woody, Ben and I. All three are lifted brats. Will, did you ever figure out the door issue you had?:)

Jeff

Haven't figured out the door issue as of yet. I'm still a little disgusted with the whole scenario. I'll work on it this week, and if I can't get it together properly there may be two scenarios playing out very soon:

A: I weld some nuts in the unibody and the drivers door fits poorly. :Flame: Then I wheel this thing till I stops moving.

B: The whole setup ends up for sale real cheap like, just whoever buys it may not enjoy a drivers doorless trip home.

And then I end up going back to General Motors who actually puts stops in their bodies to prevent these kinds of occurences from happening.

I like option A, the most. The GM idea is bad you and my dad can go hang out if that's the case.:grin:

Jeff

Got the door problem solved. :banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I felt that deserved a bunch of dancing bananas.

I seriously would like to meet the man who engineered that setup though. Even though we would have a severe language barrier; I have a feeling he would understand my disdain for his work. He may limp for the rest of his life also.

Hey Jeff,

I was wondering if I could try Justice's old moustache bar while I'm fooling around with a new setup.. Do you have the complete setup, like the brackets that bolt to the body, and the nuts for them? I'm not certain if I can find my old stuff.

Hey Jeff,

I was wondering if I could try Justice's old moustache bar while I'm fooling around with a new setup.. Do you have the complete setup, like the brackets that bolt to the body, and the nuts for them? I'm not certain if I can find my old stuff.

I still have that one that the B-Dazler had, and I think I have that hole set up down at mom and dads place off that old black 82 Wagon we stacked on top of the brat that we set on fire. Jeez that makes me feel really trashy. Anywho you're more than welcome to what ever you need.

Jeff

OK. Thanks man. I just wanna swap it out, and see if that is the cause for the rear axle bind. Woody has me pretty convinced that that's it. That's pretty much all I need to do to be ready.

I'm gonna go rewire my distributor so the tach stops jumping, and fix my original strut blocks so I'll be back to plus 1" in the front.

Very good. I still need to put that motor mount in. My A.D.D. has been kicking in pretty bad as of lately. I keep getting Side tracked on all these other Subaru's And just havn't Done it. Anyways any time you want those parts they're all yours.:)

Jeff

Sounds good. You want to make an upper motor mount for your car this week? I'm not sure how much it helps, but it seems like it would. What all are you up to this week? I'm going to be a Woody's all day Saturday. He wanted to do some electrical, and get it all finished.

Sounds good. You want to make an upper motor mount for your car this week? I'm not sure how much it helps, but it seems like it would. What all are you up to this week? I'm going to be a Woody's all day Saturday. He wanted to do some electrical, and get it all finished.

Oh the pitch stop,......I think that that would be a good Idea. Woody's Brat has to be about done now I would think he's been plinking away on it every night.

Jeff

Yeah. He's been working hard on it. The bumpers are done. It just needs a little bit of wiring done, and a few odds-n-ends tied up. I'm pretty pumped to see that thing on the road. From literally sitting in a field, on its' body, to Walker in a couple of long months. It'll be good to have another one on the road in MV.

Yeah. He's been working hard on it. The bumpers are done. It just needs a little bit of wiring done, and a few odds-n-ends tied up. I'm pretty pumped to see that thing on the road. From literally sitting in a field, on its' body, to Walker in a couple of long months. It'll be good to have another one on the road in MV.

It'll be kinda like old times....oh how great they where.....:grin:

Jeff