Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Delaware Independent Shop for bkiwn HG

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PeakMaster

PeakMaster

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mid Atlantic

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

I have a blown head gasket on my 98 OB. I believe it is in the minor stages right now. Minimal loss of coolant, no coolant odor through the vents/heater. The car runs fine and maintains correct temp. as long as the rad. is kept full with coolant. I do however, smell exhaust distinctly in the expansion tank and in the radiator when I remove the cap.
I want to get the job done by an independent shop. I simply do not trust the two closest dealers. Anybody have any suggestions for the Wilmington area or nearby in PA?:-\

Thanks!

#2 94Loyale

94Loyale

I Love EJ22's

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Orwigsburg,Pennsylvania

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

Well, you might want to post this, or have it moved to the Newer Generation forum. Regardless, I'm not sure where you are located, but Deer Lake Subaru, about 4 miles from me always did good work. http://deerlakeautos.../auto/index.php They've always been good to my family and I, and they've been around for a long time.

#3 PeakMaster

PeakMaster

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mid Atlantic

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:51 AM

Well, you might want to post this, or have it moved to the Newer Generation forum. Regardless, I'm not sure where you are located, but Deer Lake Subaru, about 4 miles from me always did good work. http://deerlakeautos.../auto/index.php They've always been good to my family and I, and they've been around for a long time.

Thanks, but I am in Delaware near the PA border.

#4 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

you could check out concordville subaru and rafferty subaru......

#5 msmithmmx

msmithmmx

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • West Grove, PA

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:09 PM

Play the death march.... You have a busted head gasket. 1800 dollars please.

#6 mdjdc

mdjdc

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,307 posts
  • Richmond

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

If you can deal with the drive, bring it down to Richmond and I'll do the job for 700.00 plus parts and any necessary machine work. PM me if you are interested.

#7 PeakMaster

PeakMaster

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Mid Atlantic

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

you could check out concordville subaru and rafferty subaru......

Yeah Concordville is where I bought it 10 years ago. Matt Slap in Newark is a possibility. But my thinking is to use a reliable independant repair shop. I am less inclined to go to a dealer for several reasons.

#8 msmithmmx

msmithmmx

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • West Grove, PA

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

This is the best garage that ever was. When no one else can solve a problem bring it hear.

Whiteman's Garage Posted Image
604 Corner Ketch Rd,Hockessin,DE,19707
Phone: (302)239-4996

#9 subaru360

subaru360

has no catchy title

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Fleetwood, PA

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

I'm in PA, about 2 hours or so from Delaware. I do head gaskets for $700 labor plus parts. I have a trailer for pickup if needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users