Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NOS Bumper

Well, I took the bumper out of the box and looked at it. First of all, it is BRAND NEW OLD STOCK (it still has a plastic like film on it). Second, I noticed a very small dent (that I took a good picture of). Third, I don't know if it is a front or rear (based on the label on the box)(which I took a good picture of also). If anybody is interested, and knows what it goes to, let me know.

Thanks,

Jon

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper4.jpg

bumper5.jpg

I know that it isn't for a gen 1 BRAT. I have a NOS one for my BRAT, and it isn't the same as that. This one has square holes for some kind of trim or something. It also has oval shaped holes on the ends (as you can see in the pics). The gen 1 BRAT bumper is more or less square, and pretty straight. This bumper is shaped like a dang banana!

Jon

I know that it isn't for a gen 1 BRAT. I have a NOS one for my BRAT, and it isn't the same as that. This one has square holes for some kind of trim or something. It also has oval shaped holes on the ends (as you can see in the pics). The gen 1 BRAT bumper is more or less square, and pretty straight. This bumper is shaped like a dang banana!

Jon

the square holes are for the bumper mounting brackets, there is a chrome round headed bolt with a square underside that keeps it from turning while you tighten it down. the oval slots are for the black rubber bumper end thingies. It looks a lot like the one i pulled off my wagon, i'll try to get some measurements tomorrow. how much you want for it?

• 3 weeks later...

whatever happened to this? did moosens get his greasy little new jersey fingers on it? what's that? he's from southern connecticut? Same thing! OH SNAP! DAMN! No you diddant!

anyways, I NEED a rear bumper for a 77 stage 2 wagon? anyone? (don't care if it's stock, any gen one wagon bumper will do.)

I have a SWEET front bumper to trade!

No. Paul didn't get it. It's just too expensive, for me at least and I assume that's why nobody else has bought it yet. Although there is a similar bumper on ebay for the same price, unless that one is this one.

I looked and didn't see anything on ebay. can you send me a link or why not just say how much this dude wants? I pm'd him but got no response.

I thought I PM'd everybody back that sent me a PM. If I didn't sorry. I told everybody I paid a hundred bucks. I would like to get as much of my money back as possible since I can't use it on a 79 brat (which is what it was listed as)(with bad pictures I might add).

I just finished scanning the WHOLE 1979 Parts Catalog, SO......I typed the part numbers of the one on ebay and the one that I have into my Adobe and it searched the whole parts catalog. Here is what it came up with. The one on ebay is a rear 77 4wd station wagon. The one that I have is a rear 77 stage II or 78 4wd station wagon. I told everybody that PM'd me to make me an offer. If somebody wants it.......make me an offer. To me and my BRAT, it's useless! :)

Thanks,

Jon