Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help Replacing Pitching Stopper Bushings

How do? I think I need to lift the front of the engine to let the pressure off the stopper, but I have no way of lifting it. (engine hoist, big I-beam to pull on, etc.) Tried to push it up from the bottom, but that just bent the oil pan a bit.:banghead: Need help, havn't driven me Suby for over a month and I'm getting depressed!!!:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

pitching stopper? you mean the little guy under the spare tire? top of the motor to the back?

it should pop right out. only 2 bolts.

I never had a problem with removing them. do you mean the tranny mounts? sorry I could be missing somthing here. Im sure some one will set it straight.

it should line right up. if not you may have another mount giving you some trouble. are the bushings all worn out?

I have considered making a heavy duty replacement for the pitch stopper. one that actually works. that stock one does not do much. hmmm ideas are flowin look out.

Looks like it. That's the one that would prevent the engine from pitching forward or backward right? Reason being is that the engine is tipped too far forward and the alt pully is rubbing on the rad cap. Also means I can't even take the rad cap off unless I take the alt off first!:banghead:

I don't have any clunking from underneath when I back up; unlike my sister's, that stopper was loose!! That one I used the jack on the oil pan trick and that quieted down the clunking.

The half that attatches to the engine has a slot in it, so it can be adjusted. Mine is all the way forward, so I kant tighten it up anymore. :-(