Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Speakers in Loyale

Hello everyone.

Can someone tell me what's the original size of the front speakers (those in the front doors)?

Now I have 6.5'' size but I think that the original size may be 5.25''...?

I know that there is a problem with the magnet of the speaker that touch the window when open...

Thanks, Gal.

I went through this a long time ago on my '88 GL-10. I think you are correct on both counts, about the size and depth. I had to get a shallow depth speaker to stay away from the window mechanism. I suppose you could make an adapter ring to place the new speaker in and make it fit that way.

Well when you say shallow speakers they need to be SHALLOW, those guys at subaru made these cars suck ballz when it come to mounting non OEM speakers (but I think the subie makes up for it in other areas lol!).

Anyway, one option for just doing it is to mount them on the outside of the kick panel (which I begrudgingly did, as I didnt care too much about the OEM ascetics of this car).

This is the thread I started on this thing, has some pics of the other ways of mounting, I have a 90' loyale and it's 6.5 factory.