Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

914 sub

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 h4life

h4life

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • lock haven

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

iv been reading about the porsche 914. my budy has one i was thinkin about buying. it has no eng/trans. just trying to learn more about a subaru convertion. im still looking around but i figured i would drop a line here to just to feel it out.

#2 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

iv been reading about the porsche 914. my budy has one i was thinkin about buying. it has no eng/trans. just trying to learn more about a subaru convertion. im still looking around but i figured i would drop a line here to just to feel it out.

Would make a nice car. I'm no expert, but I believe that the 914 is basically a rebodied VW platform, so the basics of a VW-Soobie conversion should prevail. At least on the 914 you've got somewheres to puit the radiator.

#3 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

It's been done by others...

This may help.

http://www.etischer.com/914xt6.html
http://www.cardomain...atures/turbo914

Good luck

#4 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

Is the 914 the mid engine one?

#5 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:22 PM

Is the 914 the mid engine one?

affirmative Sir
many people up here called them
the VWporch.
Now the six cyl model was kewl.
914/6
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Porsche_914

#6 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

Yeah. I looked at one of those 914's at a rally event last year. Pretty nice for a Porsche. Would go nicely with a EJ20g or EZ30.. :popcorn:

#7 audio_file

audio_file

suberunknown

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Everett, Wa

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

there's a sexy little black "porscharu" here in Mt. Vernon area, it was at the exhaust shop i use last time i was there . . . a gorgeous condition (i've always had a soft spot for the little 914) black on tan 914 with a soob "H6" that seemed to fit quite nicely behind the firewall :slobber: :slobber:

now that the boxter's been out for a few (too many) years, the 914 is not the redheaded stepchild of porsche that it once was :)

Yeah. I looked at one of those 914's at a rally event last year. Pretty nice for a Porsche. Would go nicely with a EJ20g or EZ30.. :popcorn:

#8 Gyoas759

Gyoas759

Banned

• Banned
  • 177 posts
  • Berks

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw that today. Doubt that you have a spare $6500. laying around, but it's a start at what you'd need for an ej conversion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users