Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mudding!

Phizinza

I'm in the mood to look at pictures and videos of Subarus in Mud. Seems this forum is moving along slowly (IMO) lets post up some pics and videos of Subarus in mud!

I'm going to start off with a video of a mates 88wagon.

Please join in!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phiz, well done lad, you have this "photo shoot" stuff

down-- way down

Most excellent shots!!

And thanks for the consideration to you and Brian

in reference to

keeping the size small enough to keep it

on my monitor.

And thanks for the consideration to you and Brian

in reference to

keeping the size small enough to keep it

on my monitor.

Sorry, sometimes i forget not everyone has a 22" flat panel.

You don't like the super close up of a botched primer job?

Do you know what kind of snorkle your mate is running on his 88 wagon? is it home made or is it one that normally fits a different rig moded to fit the sooby?

it looks like a safari snorkle from ARB.

thanks, Chaz

I'm in the mood to look at pictures and videos of Subarus in Mud. Seems this forum is moving along slowly (IMO) lets post up some pics and videos of Subarus in mud!

I'm going to start off with a video of a mates 88wagon.

Please join in!

It is home made.. We installed an adapter to the carb to turn it 90degrees and into a 60mm hose. Then put a Legacy air box in and and drilled a hole through the fender and plumbed it in to the air box. Using 2" round fence post we cut angles (no pipe bender at that time, got one now) and welded it together. Welded some tabs on and bolted it to the A pillar.

He then had to cover every connection, plug lead, disty etc in silicone to stop the water stalling the engine. But in the end worked quite well.

lightsfenderslegacy285.jpg

Here is a few videos. Not the best, but just a mild day out with the family. It's the downhill run, so it's super easy.

Here is some other sections of the same trail. And before anyone says anything, I know that my GL Turbo has bad rod knock. Waiting for this motor to croak before the new one goes in.

Couple more of my old Brumby.

I don't so much miss the old girl, but I miss those old days when it was amazing finding out what she'd do. I don't think I'll ever get the same feeling again. Because, then, I really had no clue about offroading. Now I've driven a locked up solid axle toyota, a Nissan Patrol SWB (which is very very very capable as stock), welded diff subie, etc. I've also watched so many offroad videos I just get a general idea of what can do what.

Ok sorry for that paragraph, now to the pictures.

subaru_brumby_offroad_mud1.jpg

subaru_brumby_offroad_mud2.jpg

subaru_mud_logo.jpg