Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mudding!

Phizinza

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give us a yell if you ever do come down, lots of tracks around to explore

been plenty of rain happening lately, so lots of mud, and unfortunately lots of water (poor brumby needs a snorkel :eek:)

may i ask how you did your fenders? it looks really good. i want to do something similar.

-Dalton

may i ask how you did your fenders? it looks really good. i want to do something similar.

-Dalton

just ran the angle grinder roughly around where the flared bit on the guards start, ended up cutting too much off the rears (i wanted that much tho) and got into the double skinned bit, so had to weld in some sheet metal to cover the gap between the two skins

then screwed on a set of flexy flares and it was done

this doesnt really compare to some of the pictures out there. But it is pretty good for a stock(ish) impreze on all seasons. There is a video of the first too pics but i cant get it to upload onto google vids.

3242PICT0902resized.JPG

3242PICT0903resized.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

It kind of sucks having good mud flaps now....

Mmm. That would be fun cleaning out all around the intercooler on a turbo car...

Actually we had a similar one with my brothers FWD turbo Telstar (Mazda 626). Drove up to the Flinders Rangers (place in South Australia) and the roads were 4WD only. We didn't want to stop and all jump in the Subaru then so we continued up the road. It was very slippery and even I in the M/T equipt 4WD Subaru almost slid of the road. It was quite sometihng to watch this over powered FWD car towing a trailer on these roads. One point he almost jack knifed it at 30kph fowards.

to_the_offroading_we_go.jpg

RIMG0174_small.JPG

Mmm. That would be fun cleaning out all around the intercooler on a turbo car...

Actually we had a similar one with my brothers FWD turbo Telstar (Mazda 626). Drove up to the Flinders Rangers (place in South Australia) and the roads were 4WD only. We didn't want to stop and all jump in the Subaru then so we continued up the road. It was very slippery and even I in the M/T equipt 4WD Subaru almost slid of the road. It was quite sometihng to watch this over powered FWD car towing a trailer on these roads. One point he almost jack knifed it at 30kph fowards.

to_the_offroading_we_go.jpg

RIMG0174_small.JPG

sweet I love australia

Not stuck...........just floating along :-p

1001459cq41.jpg

Still not stuck, pulling out.

1001460iw61.jpg

Got a little wet inside. Also have the remnants of a blown DOJ.

hatchinside.jpg

Some left overs.

hatchmud.jpg

From WCSS8 when I had to show some Yota owners how your supposed to go thru the pit.

wcss8mudpit1.jpg

This thing sure likes water :-p

reiter02.jpg

My first Hatch.

robinmud2.jpg

WCSS7

96mudyimp1.jpg

96mudyimp3.jpg

96mudyimp2.jpg

OK, couldn't stay out of the thread any longer..... these are old, but it's all I can find.... Three year old mud is still mud....:drunk:

S5030073.jpg

furthermore, here's my dog after chasing teh car that was doing donuts in foot deep mud....

S5030075.jpg

This one just makes me laugh because I SAT in that mud for a few minutes just to prove that the carwouldn't die (that was after the water was over the hood... the hole gets deeper).... So then I realize that my feet are UNDERWATER and that my door seals are SHOT and I've got like 5 inches of water in there.... pedals are underwater.... NICE

S5030060.jpg