Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber intake/ carbie 32/36 on Ea81.

crazy D

i want to put a weber on my brat, but it has the funky single bbl carbie on it, so this means i would have to swap out the intakes. i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

money really isnt an issue.

ideas?

-Dalton

i want to put a weber on my brat, but it has the funky single bbl carbie on it, so this means i would have to swap out the intakes. i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

money really isnt an issue.

ideas?

-Dalton

You could use an EA82 carb manifold.

you can make an intake yourself.it is relatively simple.get some jb weld a good pair of pliers and go to town.

whenever i set up an intake for a weber i leave one vacuum opening on the passenger side.and block off all of the others.

the drivers side is a little different.pm me to remind me to take a pic of the one i have downstairs.cheers,brian

i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

You can do anything you like - it doesn't mean it will work good. You will need some vacuum lines. Brake booster, etc.

And deleting things like the EGR - that's a judgement call. It reduces combustion temps be several hundred degrees - that's good for the environment, and good for your exhaust valves, seals, and engine operating temps. It doesn't hurt performance either.

Before you go modifying anything - you need to understand how the system works now, how you want it to work and why, and all the trade off's you are going to make to get there. Otherwise you'll end up with a half-assed POS like well over half the people around here.

GD

get some jb weld a good pair of pliers and go to town.

That will work, but it's better to pull out the nipples, and tap the holes for alan head set screws. Then you locktite them in place.

And JB weld is kind of crappy/cheap/home depot level stuff. Get some Dev-Con that's made for filling aluminium if you go that route - when it dries you can file it smooth and you won't be able tell it's there. I would still sink set screws in till they are about 1/8" below the surface though.

If you have the means, pull the nipples out and TIG the holes.

GD