Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

weber intake/ carbie 32/36 on Ea81.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

i want to put a weber on my brat, but it has the funky single bbl carbie on it, so this means i would have to swap out the intakes. i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

money really isnt an issue.

ideas?

-Dalton

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,091 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

i want to put a weber on my brat, but it has the funky single bbl carbie on it, so this means i would have to swap out the intakes. i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

money really isnt an issue.

ideas?

-Dalton

You could use an EA82 carb manifold.

#3 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

You could use an EA82 carb manifold.

i would still have to deal with vacuum lines...

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,402 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

you can make an intake yourself.it is relatively simple.get some jb weld a good pair of pliers and go to town.
whenever i set up an intake for a weber i leave one vacuum opening on the passenger side.and block off all of the others.
the drivers side is a little different.pm me to remind me to take a pic of the one i have downstairs.cheers,brian

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

i know i have talked to mike b. about making an intake with no vacuum lines(egr deleted everything). this is do-able right? i was also thinking about Ram intake:grin:

You can do anything you like - it doesn't mean it will work good. You will need some vacuum lines. Brake booster, etc.

And deleting things like the EGR - that's a judgement call. It reduces combustion temps be several hundred degrees - that's good for the environment, and good for your exhaust valves, seals, and engine operating temps. It doesn't hurt performance either.

Before you go modifying anything - you need to understand how the system works now, how you want it to work and why, and all the trade off's you are going to make to get there. Otherwise you'll end up with a half-assed POS like well over half the people around here.

GD

#6 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

get some jb weld a good pair of pliers and go to town.

That will work, but it's better to pull out the nipples, and tap the holes for alan head set screws. Then you locktite them in place.

And JB weld is kind of crappy/cheap/home depot level stuff. Get some Dev-Con that's made for filling aluminium if you go that route - when it dries you can file it smooth and you won't be able tell it's there. I would still sink set screws in till they are about 1/8" below the surface though.

If you have the means, pull the nipples out and TIG the holes.

GD

#7 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

i want to get rid of the air injection system too. that thing is a pita.

mainly focused on the weber tho.

#8 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

i want to get rid of the air injection system too. that thing is a pita.

AIS has absolutely nothing to do with the manifold. You can remove it at any time.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users