Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New GL10, Shooting for high 14's?

hmmmm..my ea82t, hardly modded, gets 20-24

wrx gets worse than that??

My friend's 05 wrx back when it was stock, for a month in 05, got 30-34 mixed driving.

Consider this as well, an n/a ej22 can hold its fair share of boost as well with comparable upgrades as an ea82t. Then it will make more power, and still be more reliable than the ea82t could hope for. And then the little car could be running 13's for darn near the same price as you want to be running 14's for.

My friend's 05 wrx back when it was stock, for a month in 05, got 30-34 mixed driving.

Consider this as well, an n/a ej22 can hold its fair share of boost as well with comparable upgrades as an ea82t. Then it will make more power, and still be more reliable than the ea82t could hope for. And then the little car could be running 13's for darn near the same price as you want to be running 14's for.

Yes, but... that but is an eraser, to a salesman.

I have good ea eighty two running out my ears. Good ones. I do recycle, I have low dollars in what I have. I have an acumulation of parts, I bought for pennies on the dollar.

Beck Arney, Fel Pro, Beck Arney:)

You know what I mean?

Damn, man. Bloom where you're planted.

Doug

Yes, but... that but is an eraser, to a salesman.

I have good ea eighty two running out my ears. Good ones. I do recycle, I have low dollars in what I have. I have an acumulation of parts, I bought for pennies on the dollar.

Beck Arney, Fel Pro, Beck Arney:)

You know what I mean?

Damn, man. Bloom where you're planted.

Doug

I have ea81/ea82 parts coming out my rump roast... But if I was serious about wanting something "fast" I'd pull my head out of my parts pile and see whats better.

I know that potential is there, as well. Mild boost on a EJ22, however, i still have cali smog to deal with. The engine swap wouldent be to big a deal, keep it all stock from whatever i pull it from, get it refereed. But not so sure the turbo bits on a non turbo engine would fly. At this point in time, im just researching my options, and whos done what, before i make a final decision.

Just as a note... I'm running a 2.5 in my 2600 Lbs Rx... It should be about 165 HP at the crank, but I have a few mods. I also live a mile up and run my car at Bandimere in Golden Colorado. The car runs high 15's... Just FYI...

Point being that the wagon is heavier, and 160+ HP out of an EA82 just isn't going to happen reliably and cheaply. If you really want to get a cheap swap done... shoe horn a EG33 into the beast.:banana:

Just as a note... I'm running a 2.5 in my 2600 Lbs Rx... It should be about 165 HP at the crank, but I have a few mods. I also live a mile up and run my car at Bandimere in Golden Colorado. The car runs high 15's... Just FYI...

Point being that the wagon is heavier, and 160+ HP out of an EA82 just isn't going to happen reliably and cheaply. If you really want to get a cheap swap done... shoe horn a EG33 into the beast.:banana:

Sir, you misunderestimate what I'm capible of. No problem.

I had the highest SAT in my high school class. Just a fact.

Nothing more.

I've been a mechanic all my adult life.

Professionally, private mostly.

Doug

Nothing more.

Doug

Mile High Nationals. Been there, done that. I have a piston, rings, pin. Top fuel dragster, from that venue. Champion plug too.

hmmmm..my ea82t, hardly modded, gets 20-24

wrx gets worse than that??

Ummmm.....yep. My '02 Rex gets 19 city 24 highway and is still as stock as it was the day it rolled off of the showroom floor. The ol' Draggin' Wagon with all of its mods gets like 24-25 city and around 30mpg on the highway. Now I'm sure that the numbers will go down once I install my 280ZX injectors, a 255lph Walbro, and a 2-1/2" exhaust, along with a few other goodies that I've accumulated since being in Okinawa.

Nothing more.

Doug

Nobody here is underestimating your intellegence. We are stating a well proven, documented fact, a built ea82t WILL blow. And sooner or later you will go the same route countless people have gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing more.

Doug

Sorry... I was more referring to the OP...

BTW, for having such a high SAT score you should be able to spell capable:-p

J/K J/K

Here's my second opinion on making it fast...

SPFI block + over torque the heads a bit + legacy turbo at abouts 12psi. Intercooled of course.

GUT the interior... all of it.

Done, welcome to 14's:burnout: