Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Oil Pan Replacement, Hard?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_EOppegaard_*

Guest_EOppegaard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:31 PM

I went to change the oil on the car today, and all I went was :eek: I have a huge, I mean, HUGE dent in the oil pan of the car. It needs to be replaced, right now, it seems to be holding oil fine, however I am really not trusting it. Anyone know how hard it is to install a new one? I have a 1993 Legacy Wagon, Automatic tranny, FWD, 2.5L.

If it isn't that hard to replace, is it hard to find the parts for this?

All comments appreciated, thanks guys!

Oppie

#2 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:24 PM

That wouldnt be a 2.5L motor, a 2.2 came in the 93 models.

It isnt too awful of a job if you are patient. Get a long large tipped phillips screwdriver and get a 1/4" socket set with a wobble joint and a short 10mm socket and go to town. Make sure you have a pretty long extension for the rt and left rear corners of the pan and dont strip out the rear center bolts.
TORQUE TO SPECS!!!! Its a very small amt of torque.

Felpro makes a gasket or you can get one at the dealer. You might be able to pound it out from the inside but i doubt it. Fix ASAP as this is could be causing oil circulation problems.

Finding used parts might be a little hard but if you try car-part.com thats usually good or try posting in the marketplace here asking if somebody has one.

#3 Guest_EOppegaard_*

Guest_EOppegaard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2003 - 05:18 PM

my bad on the Engine Size!

Would the Chilton Manual I have give any type of step by step instructions for this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users