Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rx Conversion

jcsvx

I JUST FINISHED THE 5 LUG CONVERSION FOR MY RX I USED A XT6 DONOR CAR AND THE CONVERSION IS GREAT EXCEPT THAT THE FT END IS NOW 1.5 INCHES LOWER. I HAVE E-MAILED THE BACKYARD BOYS TWICE WITH NO REPLY ABOUT THEIR FT. END LIFT BLOCKS DOES ANYONE ELSE MAKE THEM? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS JOE

Welcome to the ultimate subaru message board! I see you are from indiana, i hail from Auburn/Butler, just north of fort wayne

i too am doing the xt6 5 lug swap to an 87 gl1- wagon. but i need a pair of front struts. i will have a pair of air struts

what kind of struts are yours?

you can use legacy struts., and use different springs with them, put the rx spring on, maybe?

so where from indiana are you from? We have a band of subaru enthusisats on the board from indiana. MyossFeece, 1ABAJA, Rgaff_77, Volcom Don, and myself. We meet often, and there are guys in michigan and ohio/ suppose we could meet some day

and oh yeah, dont use the caps lock on the board, people will call you out on it.....(yelling)

anyway, this board is a great source of subaru information, and i hope you stick around....

Don't know why you were asking the BYBs, I think that I was one of the first, if not the first to do this conversion in the USA, it is even on my web site. I have heard, but have not done it yet, that if you replace that XT6 springs with the ones from your RX struts, you will get back most of the heigth. You might also try different struts. My next conversion with be with Impreza struts, axles and knuckles, using only the lower arm, calipers and tie rod ends from a XT6. Legacy struts will work too. If you are not working on a budget, you can get those coil over adjustable struts for an Impreza to use up front. For the rear, you still need the XT6 parts. But I am working on a rear parking brake with may also reduce the numer of XT6 pars needed.

yeah, dr.rx knows his stuff when it comes to RX

my buddy has an 87rx 3-door, i have known tha last 2 previous owners, the car for at least 5 years...

anyway, we made a semi-lift in the rear to help the 205/55 16 chevy 6-lug rims drilled out to fit subaru

check out the link in my signature, lots of pics of what we are doing with soobs

check out the 87rx folder for the semi-lift