Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

95 Subaru Legacy Wagon needs help figuring out the repairs.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thetoph

thetoph

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

I just got into a accident where I bumped someone. Now I need to make repairs. I am looking at local pull a part yards but can't find a 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon, does anyone know what year of Subaru LEGACY would work with my 1995. All I can find is 92, 93, and 94's will that work???

#2 subaru360

subaru360

has no catchy title

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Fleetwood, PA

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

I just got into a accident where I bumped someone. Now I need to make repairs. I am looking at local pull a part yards but can't find a 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon, does anyone know what year of Subaru LEGACY would work with my 1995. All I can find is 92, 93, and 94's will that work???

95-99 body parts are the same except for the headlights changed in 98 to a 2 part setup, but either complete setup will work in any year.

#3 scrapdaddytatum

scrapdaddytatum

the subaru surgeon

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • charlottesville, virginia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

the 90-94 stuff aint going to work for ya
95 to 99 front clips are the same
note the headlight comment previous
you will find that your airbag and steering wheel are different
from 96 up cars, so if you poped your bag you need a 95 specific
one to match your wheel

#4 aircraft engineer

aircraft engineer

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • close to Tacoma

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:36 PM

send me a PM - I don't want to disclose my "secret place JY" in the clear. I think they had a leg 95 wagon but I might be wrong.

their parts tend to be a bit nasty, though

#5 JT95

JT95

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • Bowling Green

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

Are you wanting Subaru metal, or would you settle for Taiwan replacement parts? I rebuilt mt 95 LSi wagon a few years ago and getting new Taiwan replacement parts was cheaper than what the salvage yards wanted. No dings to work out. No need to prep a red fender and a green hood to be painted white to match the car. I wouldn't go that route for a new car, but I saw no point in putting Subaru OEM sheetmetal on an older car.

Check some local shops and eBay and other online outlets for the best price.

What all needs replaced, btw?

#6 thetoph

thetoph

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

The main parts that I need are a new Radiator, front grill, headlights, and starter. Is that still going to work with 95-99 Subarus?

#7 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

yes most of those will work.....if you can, just to be sure take the part your looking for to the JY with you....or pics in your cell of them... (at least thats what i do).....headlights,grill etc......:)

#8 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 4,024 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

The main parts that I need are a new Radiator, front grill, headlights, and starter. Is that still going to work with 95-99 Subarus?

The starter are the same from 91 thru 98 that I know of. The same starter is used on 2.2 and 2.5 motors. I have bought remanufacturerd starters from Auto Zone with no problems.

I know that Chinese made radiators are available for Subies, prolly pretty inexpensive. I saw one installed on an OBW that I looked at, that was for sale. Owner said the radiator worked okay, but mounting bolt holes didn't line up, so the guy used cable ties to secure the radiator. It looked pretty "red neck," but when a car is over 10 years old, it doesn't make sense to throw a lot of money into an old car.

#9 aircraft engineer

aircraft engineer

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • close to Tacoma

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

out here in "no rust land" 10 years is just getting started. :grin:

#10 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,816 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

The main parts that I need are a new Radiator, front grill, headlights, and starter?.

How did that get damaged in the accident?:eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users