Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Subaru Legacy Wagon needs help figuring out the repairs.

I just got into a accident where I bumped someone. Now I need to make repairs. I am looking at local pull a part yards but can't find a 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon, does anyone know what year of Subaru LEGACY would work with my 1995. All I can find is 92, 93, and 94's will that work???

I just got into a accident where I bumped someone. Now I need to make repairs. I am looking at local pull a part yards but can't find a 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon, does anyone know what year of Subaru LEGACY would work with my 1995. All I can find is 92, 93, and 94's will that work???

95-99 body parts are the same except for the headlights changed in 98 to a 2 part setup, but either complete setup will work in any year.

Are you wanting Subaru metal, or would you settle for Taiwan replacement parts? I rebuilt mt 95 LSi wagon a few years ago and getting new Taiwan replacement parts was cheaper than what the salvage yards wanted. No dings to work out. No need to prep a red fender and a green hood to be painted white to match the car. I wouldn't go that route for a new car, but I saw no point in putting Subaru OEM sheetmetal on an older car.

Check some local shops and eBay and other online outlets for the best price.

What all needs replaced, btw?

The main parts that I need are a new Radiator, front grill, headlights, and starter. Is that still going to work with 95-99 Subarus?

The starter are the same from 91 thru 98 that I know of. The same starter is used on 2.2 and 2.5 motors. I have bought remanufacturerd starters from Auto Zone with no problems.

I know that Chinese made radiators are available for Subies, prolly pretty inexpensive. I saw one installed on an OBW that I looked at, that was for sale. Owner said the radiator worked okay, but mounting bolt holes didn't line up, so the guy used cable ties to secure the radiator. It looked pretty "red neck," but when a car is over 10 years old, it doesn't make sense to throw a lot of money into an old car.