Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Corolla GT-s HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spokanesoob

spokanesoob

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Spokane Wa

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:15 AM

my friend wants me to fix her corolla tomorrow does anybody on here have any experience with the 87 4A-GE Engine? The Problem is.... it has no power. floored it barley accelerates. like its out of time. i didn't have any tools with me today to check anything out. but she says it recently sprayed coolant on the spark plug covers... MAYBE?? I'm thinking maybe its fuel related what do you guys think??

#2 joostvdw

joostvdw

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Holland

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

First check for loose/cracked hoses and obvious stuff, there's nothing like an easy fix.

After that, check compression and spark on all cilinders. Check the plugs for signs. Is it fuel injected? If so, check if injectors are fireing, see if the fuel pump works properly, check fuel filter. If you can, see if there are any trouble codes on the ECU.

If all this stuff turns out oke, I have no specific knowledge on this car, perhaps try the Toyota fora?

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

Check for a clogged cat. Get yourself a vacume gauge and hook it up and see what it reads and what the needle does. Check the timing to make sure the belt hasnt jumped (or chain i forget which it has). Look for the basic stuff first.

nipper

#4 spokanesoob

spokanesoob

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Spokane Wa

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

its got a timing belt.... im almost leaning twards a fuel issue but i wont have a chance to look at it untill later today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users