Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ej20 quad cam wiring Australia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Neil

Neil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Perth Australia

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:10 AM

In the land down under we get jap import front cuts I have a EJ quad cam normaly asperated Engine type EJ20DDAAJE ,I dont have the auto ( 4X4 ) and have the wiring out of the car .Can any one help me with a wiring diagram for this car ,down under there call LIBERTY"S ? I would not know what they are called in the USA .I have been looking on the web for a easy to follow diagram that shows what to do with disconecting the automatic computer . But no luck so far . aparently there is a speed sencer in the speedo cluster .How do you set that to run with out the auto box ?
Thank you Neil Perth Western Australia

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,582 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:10 AM

Neil,

Couple places you may want to check out www.bbs.legacycentral.org & www.rslibertyclub.org/forums

As for your question, about the only thing you need to do when converting the wiring/computers from auto to manual mode is take care of the MT/AT identification pin. On some of the US models, if the ECU has +5v to that pin, the ECU runs in a "manual trans" mode if you will. Only thing else you'd need to wire up is swap the starter interlock with the clutch kill......or you could just bypass all of them....it's up to you.

here's some ECU pinouts for the US spec legacy

http://www.main.expe...U_I-O_page1.jpg
http://www.main.expe...U_I-O_page2.jpg
http://www.main.expe...U_I-O_page3.jpg

#3 Neil

Neil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Perth Australia

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:45 AM

Thank you for the reply I take not to the double up thread ,is your car a Turbo ? I have a H6 outback in Australia & one of those Jeeps 96 you guys send over here its a ( heap of XXXX) poor in build quality. the quad cam in mating to a vw three speed auto .There are so many wires no short cuts with diagrams ? I hope some one has a easy to follow diagram as I have not done this wiring thing before thanks for the help Neil

#4 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,582 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:57 AM

No mine isn't a turbo.....at least yet anyway...

yeah jeeps are hunks of junk.....you couldn't give one to me. I worked at a dealership for a summer.....they had so many things wrong with them.

Check out those other two boards I posted. Someone on there may have the wiring diagram information you're looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users