Ultimate Subaru Message Board

*Subaru* Part number for EA82 180-degree thermostat?

I just called 1stsubaruparts.com trying to get a 180 degree t-stat, and they did not have a listing for it (or couldn't find it). Going to order it along with my new PCV valve and oil cap.

Does anyone have the part number for this cooler t-stat vs. the stock temp?

*Not* trying to get into the debate about whether to use Subaru part vs. aftermarket. :horse:

Is there even a 180-degree part available?

Thanks!

Richard

Not from the dealer. You will have to use an aftermarket unit for anything cooler than the stock 192.

I can't fathom why you would want a cooler thermostat though. If you are running hot, it's either a problem with your cooling system, or your guage is reading wrong. Fix it right - don't band-aid it with cooler thermostat's and cause even more problems for yourself.

GD

Gotcha. It's not running hot now (on stock digi-dash gauge). Was just going to replace the t-stat as preventative maintenance, and figured I'd stick in the cooler one since all I'll do with this car is RallyX, no street driving.

But I'll stick with the one I've got for now. Will be putting in aftermarket gauges in the next few weeks, so will see what temp it's running at then.

Thanks!

Part number is 21200AA120. That is a 180 thermostat. It is the correct part for a EA-82 engine. It is what is available in the 85 GL-10 I just got rid of. That is straight from the 85 parts catalog. Also was the correct thermostat for my 84 Brat with a EA-81.

Richard

1985 GM small block chevy 350. 54mm

That's not a *SUBARU* T-stat.

Trust us on this. Get an OEM thermostat.

If you want better cooling get a dual core radiator. Or mount an extra heater core and fan in front of the engine bay as an *auxillary* unit.

• 2 weeks later...
Part number is 21200AA120. That is a 180 thermostat. It is the correct part for a EA-82 engine. It is what is available in the 85 GL-10 I just got rid of. That is straight from the 85 parts catalog. Also was the correct thermostat for my 84 Brat with a EA-81.

Richard

Just so folks know, Part number is 21200AA120 is NOT a 180 degree thermostat. I ordered one from 1stsubaruparts.com and it is marked 88 degrees C, which converts to 190.4 degrees F.

Not a big deal to me, since I was ordering other parts anyway and it only added $10.76 to the order, and I'll save it as a spare, but just wanted to let others know.