Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Amazing 85 GL in tough truck competition

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,425 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

I wanted to post this in the off-road or racing forum, and if it must be there moved so be it.

But any EA82 owner should see this

I think if it had not been so rusty it would have held toghether.

#2 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,477 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Yeah I've seen that before. I like how the commentator says "And now he will have to exit the vehicle so it can be towed" but he just drives off. haha.

That thing probably had a cage cage built in for the sole purpose of holding it together because you can see STRAIGHT through the rear wheel wells when looking from the side.

#3 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

I saw a EA82 Sedan at a monster truck show, musta been about 2000 or earlier, it was hilarious cuz this car was doing things even the tuff trucks wouldnt do, and it was stock! The funniest part though, was when they announced it was a Subaru, it was pretty quiet in the stands and all you could hear was this one guy yell at the top of his voice WHOOOOOOOOO SUBARUUUUU!!! :lol: I got a kick outa that

#4 subaru_noob

subaru_noob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Caldwell, ID

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

the guy driving that wasn't real smart. before he lost the back tire you can see on some of his jumps at the end where he hits the brakes in mid-air :lol:

i just can't fathom why someone would want to do that :confused:

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,581 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:16 AM

looks like he was running with no y pipe with the rolls of dust under the car as if a helicopter were landing.

#6 kiwi subbie

kiwi subbie

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:08 AM

cool

#7 EvilDead

EvilDead

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Up on Cripple Creek

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Poor GL.

#8 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,751 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

Man! Broke that rear drive shaft twice... I liked how he pulled him self off the track :lol:

#9 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,425 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Man! Broke that rear drive shaft twice... I liked how he pulled him self off the track :lol:

I think the second runs, after the wheel fell off the first time, I think he only had 2wd. I don't think he he had an axle on the rear.

#10 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,751 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

I think the second runs, after the wheel fell off the first time, I think he only had 2wd. I don't think he he had an axle on the rear.

Yeah could be, I don't think they'd tae the time to put another axle on.. He was having tranny issues too..

#11 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,581 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

the way the wheel fell off, it would pull the axle out of the DOJ cup. aside from the boot possibly being ripped, the axle could be put back together and run again

#12 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,425 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

Yeah could be, I don't think they'd tae the time to put another axle on.. He was having tranny issues too..

I think whatever hack weld-up they did for the rear suspension probably changed the geometry to the point where the rear axles would not work.

#13 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,751 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

I think whatever hack weld-up they did for the rear suspension probably changed the geometry to the point where the rear axles would not work.

I wouldn't doubt it.. Still that thing took a good couple of runs huh :headbang: Better the that F250 Lol.

#14 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,425 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

CXheck out this first Gen brat. Looks heavily reinforced but

DAMMMMMMMMMMNN......!!!

#15 woundedbrat

woundedbrat

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • nwwi.

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

That was awesome! at the end did the announcer say he missed the log? was he supposed to go over it??:eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users