Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Must Have FEET

i recently acquired a dust deflector from a gen 1 wagon. i need to mount it on an 88 wagon (gen 2?). the original "feet" were of the wrong angle of course and would not fit properly. during dismantling, three of the four bolts broke at the head, making the original feet unusable.

i'm trying to get some ideas as to how i should mount this. i was thinking of just using some steel strap for the "feet", and some square tubing for the "leg" part.

i don't have access to a new generation spoiler, so i can't just use the feet from that one.

can anybody think of any other methods i could use? i'm open to suggestions.

You might be able to salvage teh old feet if you spray some PB Blaster on there, let it sit for like 20 minutes, adn then try using an EZ Out or a pair of vice grips to pull the old bolts out. If that doesn't work, maybe you can find one in a junkyard? I could prolly find a set and mail them to ya if ya want, I could get some for free I bet, wouldn't be too much $$ to send them off...